V/8 on Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V/8 on Hood

Hi-I am trying to restore a '54 starliner and when I purchased it the hood was shaved. I am trying to re-install the V/8 but am having trouble. If I try to install the V where the holes were apparently welded up the V does not fit flat on the hood. The tips of the V are hitting on the nose of the hood preventing a flat fit and the upper part of the V is away from the hood while the bottom of the V is very close to hitting???Is there an exact measurement from the bottom of the hood to the bottom of the V that would give me the proper location of the V to get the desired fit or any other helpful hints??????Many thanks

I suspect you have the incorrect "V" emblem. The V emblem used on 54 hoods was unique to the HOOD. I suspect you are trying to fit a chrome V from a 62 lark or 54/55 trunklid.

Comment

Or a sedan hood.

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
      Thomas Jefferson
      JDP Maryland

Comment

I forgot about that JP. Thanks for mentioning that.

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Or a sedan hood.

JDP/Maryland
        "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Once bought a 53 coupe with a pair of NOS front fenders. It wasn't until I tried to mount them that I found they were for a sedan. It's amazing how little interchanges on the body.

JDP/Maryland
          Thomas Jefferson
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Claude, If you need a V8 emblem for a 54 Coupe hood, email me.

sals54
            sals54

Comment

Many thanks for your help. I had another V for a '54 that needs chroming but I tried it and guess what? It worked...I bought the one that didn't fit on e-bay as being good for K body '54 and sent it off had it chromed and now I've got a beautiful V for something I have no idea of what it fits...Any suggestions as how to be sure you're getting what you pay for on Ebay???Thanks again to all that replied.

Comment

Working...
              X