Craig's list fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig's list fraud

I was surprised to find my 60 Lark advertised for sale by someone else on Craig's list here:

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

I'm wondering if I can get it cheaper than your BIN. I bet his price is better, because his money invested is somewhat less

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to it's last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

OK, the guy is promoting my car without my permission. When it sells, he'll call and ask for a commission I bet.

JDP/Maryland
      "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
      Thomas Jefferson
      JDP Maryland

Comment

John- if I wire him the money tomorrow, will you store it for me till I can come after it??

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"It was the last chance for Studebaker to turn things around. The company was down to it's last bullet, and this new small car was it. They called it the Lark"

Comment

ok, I give up. How do you know that's your car w/0 a vin or other identifier? (I know I'll feel stupid, but can't help asking) And I didn't see a pic either. But I don't know anything about Craigslist, so it could be right in front of my nose and I don't see it. Be gentle....

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Well Bob, if you follow the link from the Craigslist ad, it takes you to JDP auction! Is that proof enough?[}]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well, Mr. Biggs, I did that the first time. And now I've done it again, and I guess I didn't have a clue that Dave's World was John's site. Learn something new everyday. How come it's not John's world? huh?

Comment

hmm, another response. that link does NOT take me to an Ebay ad, sorry. It goes to Dave's World.

Comment

Looks like MORE free advertising to me...

Why worry [?] [?] [?]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

It does not take you directly to the ebay ad. It takes you to his page where he is obviously trying to increase the hits on his page to increase his ad rates. It is slimey cuz he is hijacking others ads without permission. The ebay ad belongs to JP, its not there for any Tom Dick or Harry to profit from. And I mean no disrespect to Tom or Harry.

sals54
                    sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

The ebay ad belongs to JP, its not there for any Tom Dick or Harry to profit from. And I mean no disrespect to Tom or Harry.
                      sals54
                      It's not eBay's ad? Don't worry about those Tom or Harry guys- we're all Bobs and Daves around here!!! [)]

StudeDave '57 [8D]

StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

AAaaaaaaaaaaauuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhh!!! [xx(]

Comment

If the guy would have posted something like " My goal is to help you find interesting cars on ebay, here's one" I would not have a problem, but the Craig's list ad says "This item has been posted by-owner" That is not correct, nor did he ask my permission.

JDP/Maryland
                          Thomas Jefferson
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

Something strange here.My firewall (overkill due to being administrative on a college campus) blocks out most of the link and says dangerous content.Steve
                            sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

If the guy would have posted something like " My goal is to help you find interesting cars on ebay, here's one" I would not have a problem, but the Craig's list ad says "This item has been posted by-owner" That is not correct, nor did he ask my permission.

IIRC, the only choices Craigs List gives you for that entry is "Owner" or "Dealer"...he is neither. Other than that being wrong, I don't see the problem. He says on his web page...

"Please direct inquiries regarding a specific item to the eBay seller. All sales transactions should be conducted thru eBay! "

But I also don't see what's in it for him.

It is additional free advertising for the car owner. Someone checking Craigs List that doesn't check eBay may turn out to be a bidder on the car due to his ad.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X