McCollugh supercharger identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCollugh supercharger identification

Does the number VS57S indicate that the supercharger in question was originally on a Studebaker?

Thanks
    Howard
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

From a old Studebaker news group post:

" VS 57A indicates an early 50's version. "B" was the Kaiser version. "C" was the universal contemporary of the Golden Hawks; which were "S" type.
    An "A" came with a 12 spring pressure assembly; compared to the 14 spring "S". The ball drive races weren't pinned in place, on the "A" or "B" models. They were backed by friction discs; and expected to turn in the housing and pressure assembly, to keep the ball drive from being overloaded.

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks very much for such a quick answer! Howard
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
      X