• Show
Clear All

• 63 Champ V8 5-speed OD AC PS in Tucson

Reviving an early Lark
    sigpic
    JohnP, driving & reviving
    60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Boy, if I didn't already have a truck![]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hmmm... No factory PS on Champs, so seeing how it was installed would be interesting.[8D][][^]

It seems to be fairly close to you Mr. Blake!

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23 & 24, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

With the 8Es, Mark, there's a PS arrangement you can put together using a GT Hawk PS setup. Minor mods made to achieve this, but it's because of the 8Es quite different steering gear that this can be done.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I know of one closer to me, but it's not set-up quite like this...

uh oh!!!!

StudeDave '57 [8D]
          San Diego, Ca.
          San Diego County SDC

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
          '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon...)
          '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
          '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
          '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
          '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Part owner of the one and only
          '55 PROTOTYPE panel van
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Someone should buy the truck (with the extra parts on the back) and load it on the trailer he also has available and bring the whole works to Lancaster to sell.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

Hmmm... No factory PS on Champs, so seeing how it was installed would be interesting.[8D][][^]

It seems to be fairly close to you Mr. Blake!

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island

May 23 & 24, 2009?
              </h5>
              [)]I guess so, if you can possibly call 11 hours close. I've known of this truck for awhile. The power steering is something off some GM product converted. If you notice, it also has duals in the rear. Not sure what they came off of. Would make someone a good work truck, but it just doesn't fit my scheme right now.[)]

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

With the 8Es, Mark, there's a PS arrangement you can put together using a GT Hawk PS setup. Minor mods made to achieve this, but it's because of the 8Es quite different steering gear that this can be done.

Right! I had forgotten that (momentarily)... I recall seeing another 8E truck on Chuck Collins website that had been converted to a power steering set-up. [^]

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar Deluxe
                Vancouver Island

May 23 & 24, 2009?
                </h5>
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by arkiejazz
                  [)]I guess so, if you can possibly call 11 hours close. I've known of this truck for awhile. The power steering is something off some GM product converted. If you notice, it also has duals in the rear. Not sure what they came off of. Would make someone a good work truck, but it just doesn't fit my scheme right now.[)]

I was only half kidding Steve... [:0] Just automatically think of you whenever I see a 5 spd. O/D Champ.

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar Deluxe
                  Vancouver Island

May 23 & 24, 2009?
                  </h5>
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

I was only half kidding Steve... [:0] Just automatically think of you whenever I see a 5 spd. O/D Champ.

<h5>Mark
                    '57 Transtar Deluxe
                    Vancouver Island

May 23 & 24, 2009?
                    </h5>
                    [)]&lt;g&gt;Mark, that's my problem too! I automatically think of me anytime I see a 5spd/OD Champ too! I gotta stop that!&lt;g&gt;[)]

http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Mark, that's my problem too! I automatically think of me anytime I see a 5spd/OD Champ too! I gotta stop that![)]

Either that or build a bigger garage! [}] I'm sure some member will give that Champ a good home. [^]

<h5>Mark
                      '57 Transtar Deluxe
                      Vancouver Island

May 23 & 24, 2009?
                      </h5>
                      Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                      X