Engine paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine paint

I tried to order Studebaker green engine paint from Bill Hirsh and they sent me black. On top of charging $11.00 shipping, they want me to pay shipping to send it back in order to get the green color I ordered in the first place. Does anyone know of another engine paint supplier that has Studebaker green?

The major Studebaker parts vendors can supply the correct green engine enamel in spray cans or quarts. The list is here...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Wow, a firt post. Welcome to the site. If you get a chance, post up some pics.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Welcome Stude50, we are glad to have you with us here at the Studebaker Drivers Club Forum!

If you have not joined SDC, you can do so at the top of these Forum pages at a first time discount even!

When you get your first copy of the world's best car club Magazine "Turning Wheels", you will find that good correct Studebaker restoration materials and parts are quite available at the vendors Dick mentioned at studebakervendors.com and many more.

If you are looking for the early '47-'54 "Studebaker Green" (Olive color) it is available, also the "Studebaker Turquoise Green" for 1956 & 1957 Studes.

If you ordered your paint by phone you will not have much recourse, but if you have some record that you did in fact order Green, I do not see how it is your responsibility to pay shipping both ways for THEIR mistake! [V]

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If your looking for some cans of Bill hirsh 47-54 green for studes I got several cans from a former project. I'd be happy to part with it cheap. Let me know

Comment

Working...
          X