Correct transmission color 58 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct transmission color 58 Commander

I have a 58 Commander with a fliteomatic. I am having some transmission work done on it and I was wondering what the correct color for the transmission is, as I would like to paint it before it is reinstalled. Also, is the whole unit painted the same color, or are parts of it, like the pan ect, painted other colors. A picture of the colors would be great if anyone has one laying around. thanks

The COMPLETE Engine and Trans. was Aluminum Silver, for the few add on pieces that were not see this post found by the "Search" function at the top of the page using: "engine color".

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 5859

I have a 58 Commander with a fliteomatic. I am having some transmission work done on it and I was wondering what the correct color for the transmission is, as I would like to paint it before it is reinstalled. Also, is the whole unit painted the same color, or are parts of it, like the pan ect, painted other colors. A picture of the colors would be great if anyone has one laying around. thanks
      James, I maintain a 1957 President here with a genuine 5100 miles & the auto trans is silver colored still since original assy at the South Bend Plant. All one color with the identity plate on the left side the only unpainted portion. Trust these comments help.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
      MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
      X