Great Stude Road Trip Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Stude Road Trip Story

After a challenging day yesterday I was too wound up to sleep. After looking in on the forums I went to the SDC home page. I have the forums bookmarked, so I never go to the home page; probably been a couple years.

I saw a page for Studebaker Stories. I clicked on one of Mr. Biggs' stories about his trip from CA to SB in his Transtar.

Once started, I couldn't stop reading! Great story- I have a dream of taking a trip like that; I've yet to get West of the Mississippi. The detail and writing style made it a "must finish" for me!

Thanks for sharing that, Bob. We don't always see eye to eye (nothing wrong with that), but credit is due where credit is due! I'll have to take the time to read the other stories at some point as well.

Here's a link to that story; it's long, so make sure you've got a few minutes But make sure you get to it!:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

One bump- worth sharing! Check it out

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I agree - a great story. When I read it last year, it made me think about a SB trip with my Transtar someday...

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23 & 24, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Great story!

The longest trip I've made in our '55 pickup is out to Anza Barego, but I know the truck would make it cross-country and back if we asked it to. Stude trucks are amazing--ours is easily the most reliable old vehicle I have ever owned.

The story makes me ACHE for a road trip!

Comment

Working...
        X