Less than 2 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less than 2 months

Since I've known that the 2008 meet was to be held in Sept. I've had high hopes of attending the meet. (Can't get away in the summer months) Well finally the time is getting closed and plans are in the making. I'm excited to put it mildly. I decided a couple months back that I would drive the 56 Commander 4 door sedan. Drove it to Tulsa and not any problems, just a few little things to help make the long drive to Lancaster a little safer, and comfortable. New tire (the ones on it have about 10 years of setting on them). install cruise control. Change the oil, check the wheel bearings, and add cigarette lighter (to charge cell phones) and a couple of other things, that will not come to mind right now.
    With less than two months to go, I did get the oil changed, and the bearings checked. (all 4 wheels) Made room accommodation(big word hun StudeDude?)
    And started on the cruise control. (That's another story, with no swing petals) And have mapped out the route to get there.
    May need to swing a large loan for fuel.
    CUN Lancaster.

Ebon...
    [img][/img]

Ebon, we are excited that you are coming and we are now down to the final details for this fantastic meet. We are glad that you are bringing your 50 Commander along too. As for gas prices, we are seeing some relief in this area. Hopefully the price of oil will continue to fall so that we can benefit from a lower price for all of those who are attending the meet. I have been told that for every $1.00 reduction in the cost of a barrel of oil the price of gas will go down by 1/2 cent per gallon. By September we should see those reductions. Questions just ask.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Today, change out the axles, and drums. Trying to rid a vibration in the seat where I sit. Think the drum on the right side was the gremlin. But by this time The axles and the drum on the left were replaced. Now I really have a mixed up Commander, the axles were out of a 55, and the drums are from a 59 Silver Hawk. So now only have left hand threads on the left front. That's going to fun at Discount Tire, when I go for the new tires.

Also Today did some clean up around the shop and grounds, getting ready for Dolly, The winds should pickup after midnight, and the eye should pass over some time in the morning around 10:00 AM.
      If its no raining cows, and the wind not to strong I'll be going to work.

Ebon...
      [img][/img]

Comment

Ebon, I see and assume you are a rail fan too. If you are the RR Museum of PA is only 3 miles from the meet site. it is full of much railroad history and over 115 pieces of rolling stock includig many engines. In conjunction with our meet, we will be displaying 7 to 8 commercial trucks in and around the trains, cars etc. The Museum is providing discount cupons for admission also. Across the street is the Strasburg RR founded in 1852 (anyone know that date?) who run steam excursions daily so this just adds to the many many things to do. Questions just ask.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Ebon, Glad to see you are making definite plans for Lancaster. It sure would be great fun if you could come by Branson, MO for the Orphan Car Show on September 4,5&6. The hotel rates are $54 with full breakfast and lots of goodies and the nicess people will be there.

Come join us if you can.

It is always fun.

Nita

Nita Ketchum
          Ozark Trails SDC

Comment

Working...
          X