Looking for missing family member...1962 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for missing family member...1962 Hawk

My parents bought a 61 Hawk with V8 and 4 speed back in 1961. It was white with fins that had a light blue stripe along them. I'm not completely sure what dealership he bought it from, but he lives in Pullman Washington. I grew up with the car and loved it. My parents split up and we move with my mom to the midwest. I would see the car during summer visits, and it was one hot car. It sat outside all it's life and he restored it in the late 70's, still white and the interior was recovered in light blue and white. It was a numbered car and had a id plate attached to the poished aluminum dash panel. He things it was somewhere around #1250. He used to race it in Spokane at Deer Park and had a plate from the park attached to the dash as well for one of the races he won. He sold it to a collector or broker for a 2000-3000 in 1993. He didn't know much about the guy he sold it to. I was wondering if this story sounds at all familiar to anyone on the forum.

I would love to see the car again especially if its in the Pacific NW, if nothing else some pictures would be great. Had I know he was going to sell it I would have bought it from him. Anyway, it would be great to get reaquinted with the car even if its in the virtual world. My grandfather was a bit of a collector of Studebakers as well in the 50s and 60s. At one time he owned 3 Hawks of different years. I think all together he may have owened up to 10 or more through several years. I definetly have Studebakers in my blood and as coincidence has it, my company has testing operation on the one and only Studebaker proving grounds in Indiana, now the Bosch proving grounds.

Is there any chance of finding an old License registration card, auto Insurance card or something with the Serial number on it? That would help a lot! [^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Is there any chance of finding an old License registration card, auto Insurance card or something with the Serial number on it? That would help a lot! [^]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You might send inquiries to the SDC chapters in Washington. The Spokane chapter is the closest to Pullman. Perhaps he was a member and someone might remember the car and where it went. Here's the link to the chapter contacts in WA:

BShaw,Webmaster

webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
        60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
        Woodbury, Minnesota
        sigpic
        Bob Shaw
        Rush City, Minnesota
        1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
        "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

You might send inquiries to the SDC chapters in Washington. The Spokane chapter is the closest to Pullman. Perhaps he was a member and someone might remember the car and where it went. Here's the link to the chapter contacts in WA:

BShaw,Webmaster

webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com
          60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion
          Woodbury, Minnesota
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Working...
          X