Classic Car Sept. Excellent Stude Station wagons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Car Sept. Excellent Stude Station wagons

Hemming's Classic Car for Sept is a station wagon issue with many short items on many brands of station wagons. However, there is an EXCELLENT article on '54-'66 Studebaker station wagons by Pat Foster, author of the new book on Studebaker. Except for his use of "less" instead of "fewer", when referring to the # of wagons produced, very well researched and written.

John

The magazine also had a very good write up on the Lancaster meet. That Keystone chapter sure has a great way of getting the news out to the world. I think this type of publcity will bring SDC to the attention of non Stude people. Sign the YOUNG ones up. We'll let the OLDSTERS in to.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

The magazine also had a very good write up on the Lancaster meet. That Keystone chapter sure has a great way of getting the news out to the world. I think this type of publcity will bring SDC to the attention of non Stude people. Sign the YOUNG ones up. We'll let the OLDSTERS in to.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Dick as the PR Chairman for Lancaster I thank you for thaton behafl of KRC. I have tried my best to reach outto places where we have never had International Meet Coverage on a National level. Keep you eyes open for more of it as it's just beginning to hit the magazines and air waves. I am currently circulating a press Packet to 51 local area media outlets in the Eastern PA area for the same reason. Hopefully many of the nattional Car magazines that got our material will publish it as HCC has. PS, Pat Fosteer is our special guest at the Meet arrving at noon on Wednesday and being available the rest of the week. So for those of you still on the fence, come on down and join us for a great great time. This meet is brought to you by a dedicated band of KRC SDCers led by Denny Foust and Nancy Pfahler who have worked as a team to make it the best yet.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Dick as the PR Chairman for Lancaster I thank you for thaton behafl of KRC. I have tried my best to reach outto places where we have never had International Meet Coverage on a National level. Keep you eyes open for more of it as it's just beginning to hit the magazines and air waves. I am currently circulating a press Packet to 51 local area media outlets in the Eastern PA area for the same reason. Hopefully many of the nattional Car magazines that got our material will publish it as HCC has. PS, Pat Fosteer is our special guest at the Meet arrving at noon on Wednesday and being available the rest of the week. So for those of you still on the fence, come on down and join us for a great great time. This meet is brought to you by a dedicated band of KRC SDCers led by Denny Foust and Nancy Pfahler who have worked as a team to make it the best yet.

Comment

I just received my Hemmings Classic Car magazine today and, yes there is a nice article about Studebaker wagons.
            The Lancaster blurb is there also.
            It's great that a magazine like HCC is willing to spend so much effort to spotlight Studes and other worthy independent makers.
            Thanks HCC.
            Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Wish they had good pics of my favorites, the '59-'60 2 door wagons, but what a great article for Studebaker fans. I read through the first article about "wagons that you must buy" and was bothered that they omitted Studebakers, then had a big smile as I read on in our own spotlight column. There sure were some wagon beauties in Ontario this last weekend that could have gone in that article, too.

Comment

Folks we need to very thankful that Rich Lentinello Editor In Chief of all Hemmings Pubs is a Studebaker friend. Conversations with him dating back to last fall laid the ground work for the Lancaster blurb. Look for more Studebaker stuff in other Hemmings Pubs in the coming weeks. We also are very fortunate to have Pat Foster who writes about Studebakers in many publications and does do books too. Vol 37 Issue #1 of Automobile Quarterly printed in 1997 has a excellent article on Avantis. The author is none other than Pat Foster so he has been writing about Studebakers for a long time. Yes, if you want to personally meet greet and speak with Pat we are honored to have him as a special guest in Lancaster. He will be there starting at noon on Wednesday and is looking forward to interacting with all Studebaker owners who are present. He is being hosted and sponsored by the Keystone Region as an added value for those who attend the 44th Annual International Meet.

Comment

Working...
                X