Clutch pedal and brake pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pedal and brake pedal

I cannot get them off! I have loosened the clamp that is on the end of the shaft that goes through the frame. But the shaft seems to hit something when I try to slide it to the right. According to the diagram in the book it should just slide out and let both pedals loose. It will move about an inch or less and it sounds like it hits solid metal when I try to move it to the passenger side. I am guessing it has some kind of "keeper" to keep the shaft from coming out if the clamp loosened up but cannot figure out where it is.

Thanks for everyone's help,

Jimmie

1950 2 timer
    Orleans, Indiana
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

I think there's a woodruff key in the left end of the shaft that needs to come out of its keyway.

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

You are right, the woodruff key showed up as I kept cleaning off years and years of gravel road dust and grease.

Thank you,

Jimmie

1950 2 timer
      Orleans, Indiana
      sigpicJimmie
      Orange County, Indiana

Comment

You are right, the woodruff key showed up as I kept cleaning off years and years of gravel road dust and grease.

Thank you,

Jimmie

1950 2 timer
        Orleans, Indiana
        sigpicJimmie
        Orange County, Indiana

Comment

Good tip- something else I didn't know. Thanks!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Good tip- something else I didn't know. Thanks!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Working...
            X