Little job, got bigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little job, got bigger

Jeff gave me a NOS lark grill emblem for my 60 Lark which of course made the old mesh look weathered, so I ordered a new mesh. It came in late this afternoon so I figured I'd spend 15 minutes swapping the mesh. Odd, I can't seem to get to all the nuts on the back of the mesh because the convertibles have that big brace in front of the radiator. Sooo.., off comes the radiator, on goes the grill and back on with the radiator. I got done just in time for dinner.
    So far Ive installed new carpets, a new rear bumper, repaired and painted the steering wheel and column. I added a few decals under the hood, a new trunk mat and a pair of small, missing weather seals. I found a NOS rear pan had been installed under the rear bumper but was in factory prime, so I painted that body color. A little more detailing and it'll be ready for ebay. Here's the new carpets:

JDP/Maryland
    "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
    Thomas Jefferson
    JDP Maryland

Yes, it's lots of fun when those 15 minute "quickie" jobs turn into a couple of hours... [B)] On a positive note, the carpet looks good.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
    May 23-25, 2009?
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Yes, it's lots of fun when those 15 minute "quickie" jobs turn into a couple of hours... [B)] On a positive note, the carpet looks good.

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
      May 23-25, 2009?
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Beautiful green!! Where's the right side of the car? Selling it seperate?

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Beautiful green!! Where's the right side of the car? Selling it seperate?

Comment

Just the camera angle, here it is.

JDP/Maryland
            "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
            Thomas Jefferson
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Just the camera angle, here it is.

JDP/Maryland
              Thomas Jefferson
              JDP Maryland

Comment

I still don't see the right side door, and I'm still just kidding.

Comment

I still don't see the right side door, and I'm still just kidding.

Comment

Now the pedal pads look like they should be replaced &lt;G&gt;.
                    I have been down that road where every time you replace or replate/repaint something, it makes something else look like it needs to be redone.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Now the pedal pads look like they should be replaced &lt;G&gt;.
                      I have been down that road where every time you replace or replate/repaint something, it makes something else look like it needs to be redone.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

That carpet looks like it fits pretty good. Where did you find that?

Nick

Comment

That carpet looks like it fits pretty good. Where did you find that?

Nick

Comment

They are the carpets I sell, $240/$25 ups. BTW Gary, the pads are fine, just some contact cement on the corner and will get a good cleaning when I paint the pedal arms.

JDP/Maryland
                            Thomas Jefferson
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

They are the carpets I sell, $240/$25 ups. BTW Gary, the pads are fine, just some contact cement on the corner and will get a good cleaning when I paint the pedal arms.

JDP/Maryland
                              Thomas Jefferson
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X