This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What no bids???

Those are rare and desireable, don't you know anything[]? Besides, they don't make Studebaker's anymore--that MUST make them valuable.[8D]

Comment

Those are rare and desireable, don't you know anything[]? Besides, they don't make Studebaker's anymore--that MUST make them valuable.[8D]

Comment

And the price is just so... random. [|)]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

And the price is just so... random. [|)]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
          '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

We discussed this here already. Yeah, how do you come up with a price like that??? This party's selling a tractor for too much as well - again with a starting bid plucked outta thin air.[xx(]

And I wrote them, correcting what they'd said about the body tag. They said it read 106-65 - while I contended that it reads 10G-C5. So now they've "corrected it" to where it says it's 10G-05! Even I can read that body tag from the photo they've got up. Maybe this seller needs to invest in some reading glasses![8D]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

We discussed this here already. Yeah, how do you come up with a price like that??? This party's selling a tractor for too much as well - again with a starting bid plucked outta thin air.[xx(]

And I wrote them, correcting what they'd said about the body tag. They said it read 106-65 - while I contended that it reads 10G-C5. So now they've "corrected it" to where it says it's 10G-05! Even I can read that body tag from the photo they've got up. Maybe this seller needs to invest in some reading glasses![8D]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

<<SIGH>>

WHY do so many people list things on eBay without bothering to get some idea of what it's worth?

And WHY do so many "selling agents" make themselves look stupid and unprofessional by not doing same?

It frustrates me when I see something I'd like to have and the seller thinks it's worth several times what it's really worth...

Again, I say

<<SIGH>>

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

<<SIGH>>

WHY do so many people list things on eBay without bothering to get some idea of what it's worth?

And WHY do so many "selling agents" make themselves look stupid and unprofessional by not doing same?

It frustrates me when I see something I'd like to have and the seller thinks it's worth several times what it's really worth...

Again, I say

<<SIGH>>

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

<<WHY do so many people list things on eBay without bothering to get some idea of what it's worth?>>

Robert, this might be another case of "George, that car's gotta go! Put it on Ebay or I'm calling the junk yard" and George still plans to restore it, someday. "Gee, Ma, it didn't sell"
                    Sheesh, he could have at least given the poor thing a bath and hauled it out into the sunshine before listing. What's with the pic of the fuel pump? ha ha!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

<<WHY do so many people list things on eBay without bothering to get some idea of what it's worth?>>

Robert, this might be another case of "George, that car's gotta go! Put it on Ebay or I'm calling the junk yard" and George still plans to restore it, someday. "Gee, Ma, it didn't sell"
                      Sheesh, he could have at least given the poor thing a bath and hauled it out into the sunshine before listing. What's with the pic of the fuel pump? ha ha!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

I guess that might be, Tom... but sometimes when I hear "wife says it must go" or the like I wonder if I'm the only guy left with cohones [B)]... which again leads me to say

<<SIGH>>

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I guess that might be, Tom... but sometimes when I hear "wife says it must go" or the like I wonder if I'm the only guy left with cohones [B)]... which again leads me to say

<<SIGH>>

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

We have the opposite problem at my house. I keep showing the hubby Studes. And we can't resist. We are foster parents to them.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                            1957 Silverhawk
                            1955 Champion
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            Mabel 1949 Champion
                            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                            Gus 1958 Transtar
                            The Prez 1955 President State
                            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                            Fresno,Ca

Comment

We have the opposite problem at my house. I keep showing the hubby Studes. And we can't resist. We are foster parents to them.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                              1957 Silverhawk
                              1955 Champion
                              Gus 1958 Transtar
                              Mabel 1949 Champion
                              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                              Gus 1958 Transtar
                              The Prez 1955 President State
                              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                              Fresno,Ca

Comment