58 Golden Hawk on TV last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Golden Hawk on TV last night

Anyone seen the series "101 Cars You Must Drive"? It's just a show on Speed Channel that gives 5 minutes or so for each of about 5 or 6 cars each show ( I assume that there will be enough episodes to total 101 cars!)

Anyway, last night the cars were grouped into a "bird/flying" theme. They started with the 58 Golden Hawk, beautifully restored, and did a pretty good job of explaining its strong points. They followed with the Plymouth Superbird, 58 Thunderbird, Aerocar, and Chrysler Turbine (jet) car. The Hawk was the best of the bunch and it was nice to see one recognized in someone's "best of" list for a change.

Las Vegas, NV - Stop by, coffee's on!
    '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434

There has bee na thread here in the last two weeks on this. What you saw was a repeat of a program first aired two weeks or so ago. Glad you got a chance to see. An upcoming future edition includes an Avanti. Just don't know quite know when that will be.
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

There were previous threads on this show and IIRC the Golden Hawk was a 1957, not 1958.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

One of four previous threads:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Working...
        X