First Freeway Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Freeway Drive

I'd posted before that we'd been all through the electrical troubleshooting of the Super Coop's O/D and everything seemed to be working but it wouldn't engage.

I pulled the O/D solenoid off on Saturday and we bench tested it and it worked as you'd expect so I thoroughly cleaned all the contacts and moved the lever on the trans a bunch of times and put it all back together and the darned thing works!!!

I keep "learning" that lesson over and over... after 52 years, some things just need to be massaged a bit.

So we got to drive the Flight Hawk on the freeway on Sunday to go to the Ozark Trails Chapter meeting at Roaring River State Park in MO and it was a blast!!! There were some fabulous cars there with their fabulous people.

My favorite quote from the day was my husband saying "Just 'cus you CAN drive 80 doesn't mean you SHOULD drive 80!" He's right, but the Super Coop needed to stretch her wings a bit after her long rest.

Thanks to all for your support and enthusiasm!
    ~Rose

Fayetteville, AR

Rose - It's a blast to get a Stude out of mothballs, work the kinks out and go crusin'. I can sure relate to that euphoria.
    Have a great summer!

Western Washington, USA

Comment

Glad to hear you got your coupe out on the open road. Those Champion engines will roll on in overdrive. I'm looking forward to seeing your car at one of our meetings. We are thinking picnic at a park in Conway next time. Details to come.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
      X