'59 Hawk - engine color specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59 Hawk - engine color specs

Having looked almost everywhere and at several on-line photos, I note that the '59, 259 seems to be only in [u]BLACK</u> ? Mine however, has a RED engine block and valve covers. The paint looks original and is kind of a poppy-red color. Is this correct, or are all the 259's black? Thanks for your reply.

Dave D.
    '51 "Bulletnose" Champ
    '59 "Silver Hawk V8"

Smithers, B.C.
    Dave D.
    '51 "Bulletnose" Champion
    '59 "Silver Hawk" V8

Smithers, B.C. "Where a Stude in hand is worth two in the bush"

I'm thinking that a '59 V8 should be silver with black valve covers. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong though.

For some reason, a lot of people want to paint a Stude V8 red. The Sky Hawk my uncle bought in February has a red block, and the Daytona I just bought has a red block. Maybe they thought that painting it the color of an R3 will make it go faster.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

By the way......, while we're talking colors, was the '59 Hawk model only available in a solid color? Have not yet seen any 2-tones or even colored-fin models.

Dave D.
      '51 "Bulletnose" Champ
      '59 "Silver Hawk V8"

Smithers, B.C.
      Dave D.
      '51 "Bulletnose" Champion
      '59 "Silver Hawk" V8

Smithers, B.C. "Where a Stude in hand is worth two in the bush"

Comment

I bought a '59 one-owner Hawk and the engine was silver, valve (rocker arm) covers black and paint was single color (faglingmo pink).

Comment

Dave: There's no record of the 1959 Silver Hawk being offered in anything except monotone paint. The engines had silver blocks and heads and black rocker arm ["valve"] covers, as our budding expert MBStude correctly stated.

(Matthew: I saw Joe and Nancy Bacon and the '63 Daytona today for the first time since you drove it. Joe showed me where the body shop was able to buff out the etched paint from your drool. No refinishing was necessary after all; good news![:0]) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Glad to hear the Daytona turned out well. I was afraid that Joe would have to repaint the whole car. And then it would be way too nice to drive. [)]

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
            X