sebring seats in a 51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sebring seats in a 51

bought a pair of 97 sebring seats to install in my 51 starlight. i found the instructions on the install but would like input from anyone that has used them as to what height to make the bottom bracket to be welded and bolted to the floor.

Personally, I would block the seats to find the height and distance that you find comfortable. The comfort factor will depend on how tall, etc. you are as well as the steering wheel and brake pedal configuration. You may also what to tilt the seats for comfort if they do not have that adjustment. Then finish the mounts to that configuration.

Comment

And make sure when you do set them up, the settings are all in the middle of their travel range, so there's adjustment available.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Exactly what the two Bob's said...
        Put your seat in the middle of it's range.
        (unless you are 6'4", or 4' 9"...)
        Set it on the floor.
        Shim it with whatever to get it comfortable for you..
        Build your mounts out of steel.
        Big flat washers underneath the body, better yet a strap that connects both front and rear mount bolts.
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by nickaboni2

bought a pair of 97 sebring seats to install in my 51 starlight. i found the instructions on the install but would like input from anyone that has used them as to what height to make the bottom bracket to be welded and bolted to the floor.
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
        X