New pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pictures

Peggy and I took the Packard out to get some scenic pictures. It was a really hot day and the diesel fuel in the tank did not help with the vapor lock. The electric pump helped with the restarts though. Anyway, on with the pictures. Here are a couple of our favorites and the link to all of them. Which ones would look good in black and white?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Carey
    Packard Hawk

Carey
    Packard Hawk

quote:Which ones would look good in black and white?
    Choose for yourself.

Looks like Turning Wheels cover shots! I really like the middle one.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Leonard,
      Thanks, Peg and I did the same thing with the B/W. I like the middle one also. I want to do a nice picture for my father. Although, a cover shot would be pretty nice too!

Carey
      Packard Hawk

Carey
      Packard Hawk

Comment

My vote is for the middle one too, but I would photoshop the parking lot stripes out. They detract from the beautiful view & great looking car.

60 Lark convertible
        61 Champ
        62 Daytona convertible
        63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2)
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

[:0] I dunno about that middle photo - that large rock looks awfully precarious above that nice Packard Hawk![:0] BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

They are all great shots of a fantastic looking automobile. I kinda lean toward the first picture, however. I like the angle. It seems to give the car the look of power and authority it deserves. Any one of them would be great in color or black and white. Good job.

Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Carey,
              I agree the scenic background is best in photo #2. However, the uniqueness of the Packard is its "smiling catfish" front clip. I would retake (or photoshop) the car angle from photo #1 onto background #2 and then wipe out the parking lot lines.
              Having said that - all 3 shots are outstanding! The car looks fantastic and the scenery is great. Definitely TW Cover potential.
              Pat

55 Commander
              58 Transtar
              62 GT Hawk
              66 Cruiser

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments! Peggy & I will probably go retake the middle picture next weekend. I will get a frontal view this time. I did play around a little last night getting rid of the lines in the middle one. I can't get rid of the reflection though.

Carey
                Packard Hawk

Carey
                Packard Hawk

Comment

I like #3. The slope of the rock in the background compliments the slope of the nose and windshield. Just my opinion. Love the B&W.

Comment

Ok, I played some more...

Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Comment

As I was checking out the pix, I was also thinking that they were fabulous, but for the lines in the pavement.... then BAM they were gone. Great pix.

sals54
                      sals54

Comment

My vote is for the first color one. Diesel fuel? Did I miss something?

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
                        58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
                        58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
                        62 Daytona (White)
                        63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

Thanks for the comments and the encouragement! When my wife saw the first picture, she said, "Vrooom!"

The diesel fuel has been suggested as a cure for vapor lock. I tried 1 gallon to the tank (19 gallons). My next step is a spacer for the carb and also a new rebuilt carb.

Carey
                          Packard Hawk

Carey
                          Packard Hawk

Comment

I would like to comment on these photos without sounding too critical. First I should say that both the scenery AND the car are absolutely beautiful. But they detract from one another. If the center of attention is the car then the scenery or backdrop should not be so dramatic as to take your eyes away from the "star". The same goes for the reverse. If the scenery were farther away or more in the background, it might improve the photo.
                            Removing the parking lot stripes was absolutely imperative. They really distracted the viewer. What would improve these shots is lighting. I deduce by the shadows that these photos were taken at noon (especially the last one). With the source of light directly overhead, the driver's side of the car is in darkness. If this shot were taken either early morning or early evening it would be better. I don't know which direction we're facing but the light should come from the right hand side (somewhat low) in order to illuminate the driver's side of the car.
                            If I were there to take those pictures, I would probably shoot at least 40 or so from every conceivable angle. A cover shot MIGHT result. I favor the last shot with different lighting. If someone could hold up a large reflector to give detail to the driver's side of the car then a noon shot would still work.
                            Don't misunderstand -- I love the location AND the Packard Hawk and I wish I were there to shoot a hundred photos.

(Couldn't keep quiet)

Comment

Art,
                              Thank you for being honest and a good critic! I kept thinking the same thing about the lighting, it bugged me! I am learning as I shoot! I never even thought about the distracting scenery. I would welcome the opportunity to have you photograph our car! You will have to plan a road trip!

Carey
                              Packard Hawk

Carey
                              Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
                              X