Potential Straburg RR Train Trip for SDC, AOAI and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Straburg RR Train Trip for SDC, AOAI and

Had to make one of my weekly trips to Lancaster County for International Meet items and stopped to visit with Mike Resch Director of Sales for the Strasburg RR who graciously arranged for the use of one of their Steam Engines for a photo shoot I did last fall with Studebakers. Our conversation turned to the International Meet and a potential train ride for Meet attendees on Tuesday Evening. Yes, it would be an exclusive trip just for those attending the meet. The train can hold up to 400.

If there is interest I will attempt to arrange it. The only free day or early evening that is available is Tuesday 09/16 and they will run a special train for us at 5:00 PM. Many of you are aware that I am extremely busy with this meet; however if there is enough interest I will arrange this trip as I know many would enjoy it. LPease let me know the interest level and we will go from there.

[img][/img]
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Don,
    I like the idea!

Comment

I like the idea, especially since the STF dinner is Wednesday.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

John and Gary, I chose Tuesday as it is an evening that does not conflict with anything. We need a whole bunch more people to say OK before I go and charter a train. The trip is over 14 miles (RT) and is an interesting ride through Amish Country. The history of this RR is extremely parallel to that of the Studeebaker Corporation. Ask your local Chapter Newletter Editor to go on to the Newletter Editor forum portion of this site and download my article [b][i]"Memories of the Past- A Parallel History of two Transportation Companies" [/i]and you will see what I mean. I know there are many RR buffs in this group so lets go guys let me know if you want a ride

Comment

2 more!

Comment

Well we are on our way but I need a lot more support so please keep them coming if you are interested.

Comment

If my 56 Commander makes is all the way to Lancaster, count the wife and me in.

Ebon...
              [img][/img]

Comment

I'm arriving by train so I might as well take another ride.
                Count me in. I am still looking for some one to share motel expenses.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea. You can count three more people in!

Comment

My family and I would certainly go on this excursion--so that would be three more.

Comment

Thanks folks and keep the interest request coming as I need to get it to about 200 or so to make it cost effective.

Comment

I think you could count my wife and me in the number. Any idea of cost?

Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

To kick this back up to the top, add two (2) more Allegheny Region members to the list of those interested.
                          JWW

Comment

Again THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES but keep them coming. Currentlt we have interest from about 30 for tickets. To do this I need more!!!

Tickets are reasonable:

Coach:

Adult $12.00 per person
                            Child: $ 6.00

Open Coach:

Adult: $14.00
                            Child: $ 8.00

Keep them coming as it encouraging but we need many more.

Comment

We would like to go if the coaches are handicapped accessable

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                              X