Record for a Wagonaire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record for a Wagonaire?

Guess my bid of $1888 isn't gonna get it done... how about $5427 for an original, unrestored, but not mint example- with 3 days left to go![:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Beautiful!

It's 20 miles from me.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

YIKES. If it was 20 miles from me, I'd have already fanagled a test-drive in it[8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

What a find. How cool is that? That close and you've never heard of it, Dick? Must have been in a great secret storage location. Original engine is probably okay too; just needs you!

Comment

It may be some curiosity that is driving the price of this car. That particular model (Lark Custom Wagonaire) was not available from South Bend, so someone in the 'States may bid just to have an "imported" oddity.

(Craig: Did we ever figure out why that was a Hamilton-only offering? Theories?) BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

There is a Daytona Wagon with the same color of interior painted in rose mist, with less miles on it in Denver. It will show on ebay one of these days.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
            58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
            58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
            62 Daytona (White)
            63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

That one is as pretty as my new one. WOW, way cool.

sals54
              sals54

Comment

I'd take that little beauty in a hot minute.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Should bring over 8K in my opinion.

JDP/Maryland
                  "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                  Thomas Jefferson
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Should bring over 8K in my opinion.
                    Still find it hard to believe- at $6k now, from a zero feedback seller, few iffy pictures, and none of the usual Wagonaire rust areas....

And, still haven't met reserve........

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Don't know if it's a "record" ...but those Canadians sure do have some beautiful cars!

<h4>The older I get ...the better I was! </h4>

Comment

Some of you guys are stuck in the 80's. I find nothing surprising about the bidding so far.

JDP/Maryland
                        "I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
                        Thomas Jefferson
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

It made reserve at $7k.

If it actually sells for that it will be a real bargain, but I agree with JP that it is worth AT LEAST $8k.

The low miles, unrestored, one owner, no rust, rare model are super attractive points to many buyers.

Not a record, however. A year or so ago there was a brown '65 283 three speed wagon on eBay that ran a couple of times and posted on the forum. The lady that was selling it had bought my low mileage '62 Lark from me and I had kept in touch with her. She did finally sell that wagon to a collector for $13k. It was in similar condition as this '63.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Now this one comes out of the woodwork. It's an attack!

John

Comment

I am 100% sure that I saw this 63 for sale either on ebay or craigslist within the last 6 months.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
                              1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Working...
                              X