Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how is rear window moulding held in on a....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how is rear window moulding held in on a....

64/65 2 door Commander?? Is it in the rubber before installation like a 61,or different??? THANKS! I really do not want to remove the front and rear windows before paint if I can get away from it.

The glass themselves are held in with the usual weatherstrips, but the back glass mouldings have to be removed first. They are held by a clip that somewhat resembles the 64 G.M. "A" body windshield & back glass mouldings, except unlike the G.M. version which are attatched to the body with a welded stud, the Stude version goes underneath the weatherstrip & hooks onto the pinchweld of the back glass opening. I am sure of the back glass being this way, but my memory of the windshield isnt as clear right now.
    If you dont have any rust around the glass opening or water leaks, you may consider just removing the back glass mouldings for paint. If you do take the glass out, do it on a sunny afternoon. The heat from the sun makes the glass more forgiving & take your time.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks Warren.That is what I have in mind for paint purposes.The front appears to be standard Stude set up with stainless stuck in rubber gasket before installation,but I have been mistaken before!!

Comment

Working...
      X