R2 Avantis Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2 Avantis Please!

Would anyone have some good close shots of the heater hoses and heater hose clip? I need to see detail of where the bent stalk goes holding up the hose and U clamp.

Thanks in advance for ther pictures!

If these are no help ,let me know what you need and I will take more pictures.

Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Bob that's a beautiful engine compartment.

Comment

Bob,

I need to see close shots of the straight piece curved metal that attached to the U clamp on the one end, and attached to the engine on the other...or is it the intake?

Thanks!

BTW, the engine bay is just unbelievably clean!

Comment

I know about the clamp........I need to see how the angle bracket attaches to the engine. p/n 1545859.

Thanks!

Comment

The bracket goes on top of the intake manifold clamp.

Bob Langer
            Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
            Glenshaw,PA

Comment

The bracket for the heater hose clamp on my '64 R2 Avanti, bolts to the intake manifold, at the front bolt for the coil bracket.
              I can see this bolt in the second picture of Bob's '63. But his bracket doesn't appear to go there!
              In the picture, the bolt is below the right rear carb stud and nut. It's the front one of two bolts through what looks like a strip extending into the ignition shield. The strip is actually the coil bracket.
              Mike M.

Comment

I just saw Bob's post about the manifold bolt. He may be right! I think the front bolt on my coil bracket was broken off, and the hose bracket was loose, when I got the car. I drilled out the broken bolt and used that location to fasten the hose bracket, too. It works great, by the way!
                The bolt I used is below and to the right of the manifold bolt, in Bob's third picture.
                Mike M.

Comment

Gentlemen!

Thank you very much for the information and additional picture!

Better to be informed about this 'job' than to continue stuffing my face with tons of BBQ!......Hmmmm, what was my LDL to HDL ratio anyway?........."Ok hon I won't eat anymore junk, promise!"

Comment

BTW,

What is the proper nut and bolt size that will close the U clamp end surrounding the hoses?

Thanks again.

Comment

The hole at the clamp end is threaded for a 5/16-18 x 1/2 inch bolt. It is the same size as the two bolts that hold the coil support bracket to the manifold.

Bob Langer
                      Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
                      Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Bob,

The bracket is not threaded, rather on each end are holes, one larger than the other.

Comment

The large hole is for the manifold mounting bolt and the smaller hole for the clamp. You can either tap it or just use a regular 5/16 bolt and nut.

Bob Langer
                          Glenshaw,PA

Bob Langer
                          Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Many thanks!!

Comment

FYI,

The large hole is 3/8...the small hole is 1/4.
                              Per usual........no uniformity!

Comment

Working...
                              X