This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleaming row!

I came across this image earlier today. I took this at the '97 meet in South Bend, I believe. It's a line of gleamingly restored Studebaker Coupe Expresses. T'was a sight to behold. I'm only going on fuzzy memory here, but it seems there were about 9 or so in that lineup.[]

[img] http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/...434145_CEs.JPG [/img]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

What a site! Not bad...

Here's a few shots of mine.

2nd GA State Meet.

Gainesville, FL South East Zone Meet, '06.

Dr. Cade's place. (Taxi is a 1925 Standard 6, I believe...)

More Dr. Cade's place. (yep, a fo-shur '31 Prez 80R Four Seasons Raodster...)

Comment

What a site! Not bad...

Here's a few shots of mine.

2nd GA State Meet.

Gainesville, FL South East Zone Meet, '06.

Dr. Cade's place. (Taxi is a 1925 Standard 6, I believe...)

More Dr. Cade's place. (yep, a fo-shur '31 Prez 80R Four Seasons Raodster...)

Comment

Forget the roadster! I'd love to have that turquoise wagon! Or maybe the 53-54 behind it.

Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Forget the roadster! I'd love to have that turquoise wagon! Or maybe the 53-54 behind it.

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

C'mon Clunk! You'd take any one of those that's visible and love the daylights out of it. Of course, if you were heir to that roadster , you could sell it and buy all those other Studes![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

C'mon Clunk! You'd take any one of those that's visible and love the daylights out of it. Of course, if you were heir to that roadster , you could sell it and buy all those other Studes![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS

Comment

That 63 Wgonaire has 5300 miles on it. It's a plain-jane Six cylinder with 3 speed, no OD. It's totally original, other than a recent repaint, because the original paint wasn't perfect enough, although it was NICE for an original paint job. But, still a nice car.

The 53 is a Commander Starliner, 232 V8 and OD. 3:73 rear.

Comment

That 63 Wgonaire has 5300 miles on it. It's a plain-jane Six cylinder with 3 speed, no OD. It's totally original, other than a recent repaint, because the original paint wasn't perfect enough, although it was NICE for an original paint job. But, still a nice car.

The 53 is a Commander Starliner, 232 V8 and OD. 3:73 rear.

Comment

The 53 is maui blue with something ivory trim. Was invloved in the restoration of this car a few yrs back and it sits on a 62 GT hawk frame. We used the GT frame because of the reputation of the stock frames unwanted ability to do the torsional twist thing. Everything was taken to a redi strip guy in Tampa,Fl.It was left 6volt and we put air on it useing a 6volt heater blower motor in an old style period correct evaporator. Used and modified a york comp. mount to accept a sanden 508 compressor. I was also involved in the restoration of "Ole Spot"the 51 twice door sedan that Doc has owned since back in the 53 to 55 era. Was called "oleSpot" because it would leave it's factory born ability to dribble oil. On the GT row I used to own the white 62 GT rust free car,came from west Kansas late eighties.
                    I left Fla. Nov. 02,the 8 years I lived 6 miles south of the "Pole Barn" was probably the best years I've had so far. I miss Steve and the gang. Thanks for letting me participate.
                    Kim

Comment

The 53 is maui blue with something ivory trim. Was invloved in the restoration of this car a few yrs back and it sits on a 62 GT hawk frame. We used the GT frame because of the reputation of the stock frames unwanted ability to do the torsional twist thing. Everything was taken to a redi strip guy in Tampa,Fl.It was left 6volt and we put air on it useing a 6volt heater blower motor in an old style period correct evaporator. Used and modified a york comp. mount to accept a sanden 508 compressor. I was also involved in the restoration of "Ole Spot"the 51 twice door sedan that Doc has owned since back in the 53 to 55 era. Was called "oleSpot" because it would leave it's factory born ability to dribble oil. On the GT row I used to own the white 62 GT rust free car,came from west Kansas late eighties.
                      I left Fla. Nov. 02,the 8 years I lived 6 miles south of the "Pole Barn" was probably the best years I've had so far. I miss Steve and the gang. Thanks for letting me participate.
                      Kim

Comment

Also, a little history on the 31 4Seasons Roadster. nearly 18 to 20 years ago I was traveling through S. Ala. and stopped to looked at some vintage iron. The guy I spoke with told me of a guy in a small town nearby that had bunch of Studebakers. The town is Clio, Ala., the man Ralph Ivey. Mr. Ivey and his son,Namen operated an Oliver tractor sales and repair business,plus a farming operation. They used Stude trucks and thier servcie/fuel truck was a Champ trk.Mr. Ivey and his family are typical of of southern hospitality,great people. We looked and talked way past dark the evening I met him. At that time his latest project was putting the finishing touches on a 31 4 Seasons roadster. I made plans to come back and did. He took me for a ride in the roadster, what a thrill. Mr. Ivey had heard about this car for years and finally tracked it down. He showed me pictures of it before he even moved it. It was partially submerged in the shed it was kept in. He had to make alot of the lower sheet metal. To see the detailed pictures of it before you would not believe that it was at all possible to bring it back. One of the windshield posts was gone altogether. Mr. Ivey was extremely talented man. He used one side to make a mold and reversed it to make the other side. He had to conceive several of the engine components, the list goes on and on of the things he made to bring this treasure back. He did his own upholstery, body fab, paint and sewed his own top. You would not know it from a high end resto shop restoration. One of unique things he made was to adapt an over drive to the back side of original transmission. Mr. Ivey was a genius and love to go fast. He'd scare ya. I had taken a roll of pictures of it back in the late 80s and wanted to send them to the TWs, wished I had be cause Mr.Ivey went home to be with Lord about 8 or9 years ago. Mr. Ivey got acquianted with Stephen Cade at a Fl. State meet and a great friendship was born. He'd asked his family to offer the roadster and anything else they wanted to Steve and his Dad first. Mr ivey spent about 10yrs. to do the roadster.So, for those of us who love Studebakers and thier unique history are very grateful to 2 families who were and are committed to keeping the heritage alive. He also built a 35 or36 president and put a tractor diesel engine it,his daily driver and that's another story.
                        Thanks You, Mr. Ivey and DR. Cade and Stephen for this gift.
                        Kim

Comment

Also, a little history on the 31 4Seasons Roadster. nearly 18 to 20 years ago I was traveling through S. Ala. and stopped to looked at some vintage iron. The guy I spoke with told me of a guy in a small town nearby that had bunch of Studebakers. The town is Clio, Ala., the man Ralph Ivey. Mr. Ivey and his son,Namen operated an Oliver tractor sales and repair business,plus a farming operation. They used Stude trucks and thier servcie/fuel truck was a Champ trk.Mr. Ivey and his family are typical of of southern hospitality,great people. We looked and talked way past dark the evening I met him. At that time his latest project was putting the finishing touches on a 31 4 Seasons roadster. I made plans to come back and did. He took me for a ride in the roadster, what a thrill. Mr. Ivey had heard about this car for years and finally tracked it down. He showed me pictures of it before he even moved it. It was partially submerged in the shed it was kept in. He had to make alot of the lower sheet metal. To see the detailed pictures of it before you would not believe that it was at all possible to bring it back. One of the windshield posts was gone altogether. Mr. Ivey was extremely talented man. He used one side to make a mold and reversed it to make the other side. He had to conceive several of the engine components, the list goes on and on of the things he made to bring this treasure back. He did his own upholstery, body fab, paint and sewed his own top. You would not know it from a high end resto shop restoration. One of unique things he made was to adapt an over drive to the back side of original transmission. Mr. Ivey was a genius and love to go fast. He'd scare ya. I had taken a roll of pictures of it back in the late 80s and wanted to send them to the TWs, wished I had be cause Mr.Ivey went home to be with Lord about 8 or9 years ago. Mr. Ivey got acquianted with Stephen Cade at a Fl. State meet and a great friendship was born. He'd asked his family to offer the roadster and anything else they wanted to Steve and his Dad first. Mr ivey spent about 10yrs. to do the roadster.So, for those of us who love Studebakers and thier unique history are very grateful to 2 families who were and are committed to keeping the heritage alive. He also built a 35 or36 president and put a tractor diesel engine it,his daily driver and that's another story.
                          Thanks You, Mr. Ivey and DR. Cade and Stephen for this gift.
                          Kim

Comment

Very nicely put! I spent considerable time talking to Russel Lane back in April at the So. East Zone Meet about the 53. He even said that the driver's door was from a 56J and the 'cove' stopped short from the passenger side one. You'd never know unless you were looking for it.
                            I know the dark blue 64 GT Hawk is Martha's, and the white one was yours? So, how were you related to the Cade's?

Yeah, Russel's an OK guy. I remember him from years ago. He can tell some pretty funny stories too; such as when he and Stephen drag raced the 1911 and the 1913. Man, I'da loved to been there for that! In fact, Stephen rode me around in the 1911 last October. Oh, he rode me around in the 1913 at the pole barns a few years back, along with my sister. I think it was my a day before my 12th birthday, musta been March 11, 2002.

Here's some more pics of Doc Cade's cars. Ole Spot is the blue 51 Champion Two Door Sedan. http://community.webshots.com/album/452672271eEupHY/1

Here's me with Doc in '04 at the 1st GA State Meet in front of his 53 Starliner.

Comment

Very nicely put! I spent considerable time talking to Russel Lane back in April at the So. East Zone Meet about the 53. He even said that the driver's door was from a 56J and the 'cove' stopped short from the passenger side one. You'd never know unless you were looking for it.
                              I know the dark blue 64 GT Hawk is Martha's, and the white one was yours? So, how were you related to the Cade's?

Yeah, Russel's an OK guy. I remember him from years ago. He can tell some pretty funny stories too; such as when he and Stephen drag raced the 1911 and the 1913. Man, I'da loved to been there for that! In fact, Stephen rode me around in the 1911 last October. Oh, he rode me around in the 1913 at the pole barns a few years back, along with my sister. I think it was my a day before my 12th birthday, musta been March 11, 2002.

Here's some more pics of Doc Cade's cars. Ole Spot is the blue 51 Champion Two Door Sedan. http://community.webshots.com/album/452672271eEupHY/1

Here's me with Doc in '04 at the 1st GA State Meet in front of his 53 Starliner.

Comment

Working...
                              X