Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OOPS! (Boy, I'll bet she was a perdy one!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOPS! (Boy, I'll bet she was a perdy one!)

First, let me say: No, it wasn't my fault! And no, this is not Joe Bacon's R2 Daytona.

My granddad and I made the trek down to Florida today to visit with Stephen Cade, and pick up my 'new' Daytona. He got it just a few weeks back. A guy in Sarasota, FL had it. The guy was going through a stop light, and someone ran the light at 45 MPH and took out the car. That happened about 2 months ago. It wasn't THAT big of a loss. The car is rusted to the core anyways. [V]

It's got a strong running 289 hooked up to a T10 4 speed, and a 3.31 TT rear. The drivetrain will go in my other Daytona. Stephen said that the motor had low oil pressure, and probably needs some work. When we got it back to our shop, we checked the oil, and it was 2 quarts low. Put oil in it, and then fired it up. All it needed was a little gas in the carb. After we added the oil, the oil pressure came right up. We let it get hot, which didn't take long with a leaky radiator, and it stayed right around 40 pounds.

Here's a short video of it runnin'. The 'noise' appears to be a cracked exhaust manifold.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And, to (somewhat) replicate my signature picture.

Oh, it feels to great to own a Studebaker V8 of my own! [8D][^]

And is that isn't enough, my granddad bought a '58 Transtar pickup while we were down there. Looks like we'll be headin' south again soon!

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Matthew, my trained eye tells me that may have been in an accident at some point.....

Great donor car!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Nice score Matt! That motor sounded smooth. Boy a cool Scottsman, and a V8 4spd. Daytona boy your gonna have your handsful with the girls![}]

John
      John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

And is that isn't enough, my granddad bought a '58 Transtar pickup while we were down there. Looks like we'll be headin' south again soon!

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA
        Very nice Matthew... so, I'm waitin' to see some pictures of that Transtar! []

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar Deluxe
        Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
        May 23-25, 2009?
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Here ya go Mark. I should've known that you would ask about it.

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

a little Lark shine...... LOL
            I wish you all the best there Matt!! Lots of good parts there too!!

60 Lark convertible
            61 Champ
            62 Daytona convertible
            63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2)
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Matt...does that mean you now have the top of door and bottom of rear window trim you need for your car?

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote: Matt...does that mean you now have the top of door and bottom of rear window trim you need for your car?
                Nope. [xx(] The front pieces are broke, as is one of the rears. The pass side rear would be usable though.

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hey it looks like someone added power windows!have you tried them out?

Joseph R. Zeiger
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

quote: Hey it looks like someone added power windows!have you tried them out?
                    The passenger side one actually works, it's real sluggish though. The drivers side was whacked too hard, so the mechanism and all is busted apart.

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Lots of nice parts left on that one Matt.

Comment

Rusty or not - it's a shame it got whacked so bad. But hey! Now you got's some go-motion for your Date-ona.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Matthew - Do you know the PAST history on that car? It reminds me of one that I brought over from Connecticut to NY about 30 to 35 years ago. I believe that it then went to Pennsylvania. Many northern cars ended up in Florida.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, all I know is that a young (20-30 years old) guy owned it when it was wrecked, and he lives in Sarasota. Beyond that, I know nothing. The car definitely came from up north or from the coast. It has some serious rust issues. Like the door hinges about to fall off the A pillar. The inner quarter panel also separated itself from the body tub when it was wrecked. [xx(]

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Here ya go Mark. I should've known that you would ask about it.

Matthew Burnette
                              Hazlehurst, GA
                              Now that's interesting, another 3E series with 4E series parking lamps! Could just be its' age, but with the missing, door visors and lack of chrome nameplates, etc... maybe it's another "Deluxe Scotsman"!! [:0][}]

<h5>Mark
                              '57 Transtar Deluxe
                              Vancouver Island

Are you planning to attend the NW Overdrive Tour in Parksville, BC
                              May 23-25, 2009?
                              </h5>
                              Mark Hayden
                              '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                              X