• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10% ethanol gas & my ’50 Stude.

Dick
    Mountain Home, AR
    http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

FWIW, I've been running a completely original '55 E12 on 10% ethanol for nearly twenty years with no problems.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
    PackardV8

Comment

Also here in L.A. (California)...10%.
      No problems with anything. Gotta replace coolent hoses before fuel lines around here!

It'll have to get about 60(eth)-40(gas) before a change in rubber is required. My guess it'll be some time before the U.S. infrstructure is capable of producing and selling that ratio.

Mike

Comment

I guess is worse comes to worse, we could all just put Honda Indy car engines in our Studes. Ok, THEN I would let Danica drive.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Just don't let the car sit for too long with ethanol in the tank, it can lead to corrosion in your tank and fuel lines. It tends to break down into water over long periods of time. I prefer not to use it, but if it is all you have available, it is an acceptable form of fuel.

1963 Lark Custom, 259 V8, TT, 4 doors, 2 tone paint. Driven often, always noticed. Man I love this car!!

Comment

Thanks for the input. I guess I drive my Stude enough that it shoudn't be a problem.

Dick

Dick
            Mountain Home, AR

Dick
            Mountain Home, AR
            http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

The fuel line from the fuel pump to the carb on my 1950 Chanpion has a tendency to vapor lock already. Wouldn't E10 make that problem worse?

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
              Holdrege NE
              John
              1950 Champion
              W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
              Holdrege NE

Comment

Since Ethenol came on board, I have had to replace my fuel pumps about one every 3 years. I always carry an extra pump. Ellen can chang one out in about 30 min.

Comment

I ran 10% Ethanol in my '62 Impala for 10 years with no ill effects. I know the carb stayed a lot cleaner running Ethanol.

Analog man in a digital world.

Comment

I was told by the installer of the plastic liner in my tank not to use ethanol as it might attack it.
                    Frank van Doorn
                    Omaha, Ne.
                    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Be sure to have a fuel filter on the gas line. The 10% brew will do a good job of cleaning the fuel system, either the filter or the carb and pump will capture the rust and deposits cleaned out by the ethenol.

Comment

Working...
                      X