Brooks Stevens Displays in the Milwaukee Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooks Stevens Displays in the Milwaukee Area

We're spending a few days in Milwaukee. Are there any displays about Brooks Stevens at this time in the Milwaykee area? I've checked "my friend" Google and found that there was a display at the Milwaukee Art Museum a few years ago. However I can find nothing going on now. If anyone know of anything I'd appreciate the information.

Perry
    '23 Special Six,
    '50 Business Champ,
    '50 Starlight Champ,
    '60 Lark droptop,
    '63 GT R1
    Perry
    \'50 Business Champion
    \'50 Starlight Champion
    \'60 Lark Convertible,
    \'63 GT R1,
    \'67 Triumph TR4A

I went to Milwaukee in 2002 but I was told that the Brooks Stevens museum was closed after Brooks Stevens died and the cars were sold.

I went to the Kissel Musuem in Hartford, WI but there were no Brooks Stevens cars there.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Thanks, Leonard. I'm going to the Kissel Museum today, after I stop by the Harley-Davidson factory. Although the tour at H-D isn't being given this week, but the video and store are available.

Perry
      '23 Special Six,
      '50 Business Champ,
      '50 Starlight Champ,
      '60 Lark droptop,
      '63 GT R1
      Perry
      \'50 Business Champion
      \'50 Starlight Champion
      \'60 Lark Convertible,
      \'63 GT R1,
      \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

I went to Milwaukee in 2002 but I was told that the Brooks Stevens museum was closed after Brooks Stevens died and the cars were sold.

At least the SNM got the Studebaker concept cars that were in that museum.

Craig

Comment

Hi Perry, If you are still in Milwaukee, visit the Art Museum. You'll have a great time and perhaps they still have items from the Brooks exhibit. If you don't have a copy of the book "Industrial Strength Design-How Brooks Steven saved your world", get it, as my wife's cousin did, for me. It is good. Signed, A Brooks fan in Detroit.

Gary Hildebrandt
          Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

I'm from Milwaukee (Mequon actually) and I visited the Brooks Stevens museum often when I was a kid. I can't personally vouch for this, but I've heard that the Milwaukee School of Engineering may still have some Brooks Stevens materials on display (although the Stude prototypes are in South Bend). Check with them first of course.

Scott Rodgers
            Los Angeles
            SDC Member since 1989
            '60 Lark HT
            '63 Wagonaire
            Scott Rodgers
            Los Angeles
            SDC Member since 1989
            \'60 Lark HT
            \'63 Wagonaire
            \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment