This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got lift?

I am blessed with an engineer wife. She gets numbers. A lift is cheeper than a third stall.
    We are doing the design right now for a home expantion and renovation. This is the big one. So I gotta' get it right the first time. I am going to get a lift in exchange for other concessions.
    This begs the question what to get if I am starting from scratch???
    The new floor can be as thick as I want and I will do the electric so 220 is fine. This is one time I get what I want.
    what do you have? what sucked. what works well?
    I have searched the posts from the racing group and the news group and here. The 4 post seems to be the favorite, as long as there is some type of jacking so the wheels can come off the lift,
    My use for the lift is for brake and under car service as well as winter storage.
    Help me here guys, now is the time I get what I want, after this I will have to suck it up. Thanks for your input.Rich

64 Daytona HT
    64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
    Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

I have a Backyard Buddy for about 5 years. I love it. Is is a drive
    on lift, not a frame lift, but you can get the options to lift the car off the lift to do your brake work, or what ever.

Jamrs K. Clark
    East Tenn.
    '55 Prez Starliner Hdtp.
    Don't take yourself too seroiusly!

James K. Clark

Comment

I have a Backyard Buddy for about 5 years. I love it. Is is a drive
      on lift, not a frame lift, but you can get the options to lift the car off the lift to do your brake work, or what ever.

Jamrs K. Clark
      East Tenn.
      '55 Prez Starliner Hdtp.
      Don't take yourself too seroiusly!

James K. Clark

Comment

I have a 4-post, and it's some of the best money I've ever spent. 4in.
        concrete is sufficent,for the floor.go to http://www.americanautomotiveequipment.com/
        I have the SS7000XLT, and I'm convinced that for the money, this is the way to go. GET ONE <G>

Pat Skelly
        62 GT Hawk
        53 Studillac
        37 Dictator Coupe

Comment

I have a 4-post, and it's some of the best money I've ever spent. 4in.
          concrete is sufficent,for the floor.go to http://www.americanautomotiveequipment.com/
          I have the SS7000XLT, and I'm convinced that for the money, this is the way to go. GET ONE <G>

Pat Skelly
          62 GT Hawk
          53 Studillac
          37 Dictator Coupe

Comment

Be carefull, there are many really good lifts out there sold by American Co's. and MADE BY American Co's. !!! Anytime they have to say "American Products Co." that's my first clue that they are NOT! You do not see: "made in USA" anywhere in the ad, nothing about the type of hydraulics used, no picture of it, nothing ! And they are so desparate to sell these you get a $400.00 discount making it only $2195.00 AND $555.00 worth of added accessories FREE with purchase. If it's too good to be true...it isn't! The old rule applies here...BUYER BEWARE! I'm sure the well meaning recommendation is just that, but this needs to satisfy YOU!

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Be carefull, there are many really good lifts out there sold by American Co's. and MADE BY American Co's. !!! Anytime they have to say "American Products Co." that's my first clue that they are NOT! You do not see: "made in USA" anywhere in the ad, nothing about the type of hydraulics used, no picture of it, nothing ! And they are so desparate to sell these you get a $400.00 discount making it only $2195.00 AND $555.00 worth of added accessories FREE with purchase. If it's too good to be true...it isn't! The old rule applies here...BUYER BEWARE! I'm sure the well meaning recommendation is just that, but this needs to satisfy YOU!

StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I'm researching this myself right now...

I know some new car dealers; and they tend to like Rotary or Bend-Pak brand lifts- better quality...

For a 10,000 lb Bend-Pak I was quoted $2195 delivered to NY; I need 3, so will be looking to see if I can get a volume discount

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'm researching this myself right now...

I know some new car dealers; and they tend to like Rotary or Bend-Pak brand lifts- better quality...

For a 10,000 lb Bend-Pak I was quoted $2195 delivered to NY; I need 3, so will be looking to see if I can get a volume discount

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Mine is a Perfect Park 4 poster. The posts fully enclose all the workings so that there is no chance of pinching yourself. I had to pay over $3k for it but it is American made and solid. I checked out some of the cheap ones and they seemed shakey when they were at full height. You don't want flimsey when youre under the car.
                    I did however, buy some accessories from the cheap guys.
                    The perfect park people customized my lift to the exact dimensions I wanted at no cost.
                    The downside to the 4 poster is that it gets in the way for certain tasks. My buddy has a 2 poster and at times I use it because it gives full access to the suspension and the like.
                    The 4 poster is portable though and does not require fastening to the floor, so with the wheel kit option you can move it from stall to stall or even outside at will.

Norm
                    58 Transtar 1 ton dually PU
                    58 2 door wagon
                    Davenport, Fl
                    Norm
                    58 2 door wagon
                    Davenport, Fl

Comment

Mine is a Perfect Park 4 poster. The posts fully enclose all the workings so that there is no chance of pinching yourself. I had to pay over $3k for it but it is American made and solid. I checked out some of the cheap ones and they seemed shakey when they were at full height. You don't want flimsey when youre under the car.
                      I did however, buy some accessories from the cheap guys.
                      The perfect park people customized my lift to the exact dimensions I wanted at no cost.
                      The downside to the 4 poster is that it gets in the way for certain tasks. My buddy has a 2 poster and at times I use it because it gives full access to the suspension and the like.
                      The 4 poster is portable though and does not require fastening to the floor, so with the wheel kit option you can move it from stall to stall or even outside at will.

Norm
                      58 2 door wagon
                      Davenport, Fl
                      Norm
                      58 2 door wagon
                      Davenport, Fl

Comment

I installed a two post offset lift made by Forward Manufacturing.

It is made in Texas. I am very happy with it, except that I thought I could park my othe Studebaker under the one on the lift, but I found out I would have to remove the rear wheels of the one on the lift to do that.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I installed a two post offset lift made by Forward Manufacturing.

It is made in Texas. I am very happy with it, except that I thought I could park my othe Studebaker under the one on the lift, but I found out I would have to remove the rear wheels of the one on the lift to do that.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:It is made in Texas. I am very happy with it, except that I thought I could park my othe Studebaker under the one on the lift, but I found out I would have to remove the rear wheels of the one on the lift to do that.
                            That wouldn't be practical anyways, as Studebakers tend to drip from time to time.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

http://thestudillac.blogspot.com/2006/10/studillac.html (Studillac info wanted!)

Comment

quote:It is made in Texas. I am very happy with it, except that I thought I could park my othe Studebaker under the one on the lift, but I found out I would have to remove the rear wheels of the one on the lift to do that.
                              That wouldn't be practical anyways, as Studebakers tend to drip from time to time.

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

http://thestudillac.blogspot.com/2006/10/studillac.html (Studillac info wanted!)

Comment

Working...
                              X