Oil line to oil gauge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil line to oil gauge...

I haven't been into one of these for a while and a fellow is asking me what the fitting arrangement is to attach a new oil line to a gauge in a 60 Hawk.
    One of my shelf gauges, out of an Avanti, has a 5/16NP24 female adapter and into it goes what, a pipe threaded flare fitting?

thx

Bob Johnstone

55 President State Sedan
    64 GT Hawk
    70 Avanti (R3)
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Bob, the solid portion of the line fits into the gage (of course) and the other end attaches to the one end of the flex line. The OTHER end of the flex line is 1/8th pipe thread and screws into a brass fitting, which in turn screws into the cylinder head.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The adapter on the gauge is 1/8" pipe to 1/8"(-2 dash size) SAE 45 degree flare. A 1/8" copper line connects this to hose(male nut on gauge end and female nut on hose end). Both ends are 5/16-24 threads. The hose is 1/8" pipe on the engine side. If your not worried about originality
      you could adapt both ends to AN-2 or -3 and have a line made at hydraulics shop. Most hydraulic places I deal with still call this fittings JIC
      instead of AN. You could also just use a plastic line installation kit, but some don't care for them.

Comment

Studebake International has the correct oil flex line for a 60 hawk. I just put one on my hawk. They are not very expensive.

Jeff Sheaffer
        60 Hawk
        Jeff Sheaffer
        Driving the past into the future

Comment

thanks to all...

Bob Johnstone

55 President State Sedan
          64 GT Hawk
          70 Avanti (R3)
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)