X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get your STF Dinner tickets ...

See July 2nd post below for update "Update on STF'ers Dinner at Lancaster"
    by Frank Drumheller

Tickets are on sale and orders are coming in.

Frank Drumheller posted this on Truck Talk earlier, and I want to make sure we don't miss informing anyone on the Forum this time, so here it is again.

ANNOUNCEMENT- STUDEBAKER TRUCK FARMERS DINNER
    by Frank Drumheller

TO ALL STF MEMBERS- We look forward to dining with you at the STUDEBAKER TRUCK FARMERS 3rd Annual Dinner at the 44th SDC International Meet. The Meet, of course, will be held in Lancaster, Pennsylvania the week of September 14-19, 2008.

We will dine together on WENDESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th beginning at 5:00 PM at:

MILLER'S SMORGASBORD RESTAURANT
    2811 LINCOLN HIGHWAY EAST (ROUTE 30)
    RONKS, PA 17572

The cost of the meal will be $23.50 per person which includes all-you-can-eat buffet, beverages, tax, and gratuity. Please plan to arrive between 4:45-5:15 PM. We will be entering in two groups, one at 5:00 PM, another at 5:15 PM. We will all be sitting in the same area. We will have to finish by 7:00 PM. Those who need to leave earlier to attend Auction Night, no problem!!

For menu details, please visit Miller's website: http://www.millers1929.com

The Restaurant is approximately three (3) miles from the host hotel. Reservations have been made for a sizable group of STF folks. This restaurant can seat 300 guests, so there is plenty of parking area, but if you can double up, it might make things more manageable.

TICKET INFORMATION: FOR YOUR RESERVATION TICKETS, please send a personal check or money order for $23.50 per person to-

FRANK DRUMHELLER
    P.O. BOX 171
    LOUISA, VA 23093-0171

I will pay the restaurant for all reservations prior to September 8th with one check. You will not pay at the restaurant. EACH PERSON MUST PRESENT A NUMBERED TICKET IN ORDER TO BE SEATED WITH THE STUDEBAKER TRUCK FARMERS. Refunds may be made through September 4th.

I will share the registrations weekly on Studebaker Truck Talk. This should keep everyone abreast of those planning to attend. If you have questions, please contact me or Bob Feaganes.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
    53 Starliner Hardtop
    Newton Grove, NC

Bob

Talked the Banquet Manger at Miller's last weekend and they are excited about all of the Studebaker activity that is coming to Lancaster in September. Just a thought I told her there's a good chance that many Studetrucks and cars will be in her lot. Do you want special parking for all of them. If you do let me know as i will be there next weekend again. They also know their sister facility the "Plain and Fancy Resort and Inn" is hosting the AOAI Bamquet on Thursday night
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

<center>Update on STF'ers Dinner at Lancaster
      by Frank Drumheller
      </center>

Friends; Sorry I haven't posted an update for several weeks, but I've had three weeks of 'vacation' trips during June.

Below is the list of paid tickets so far for our Studebaker Truck Farmers 3rd Annual Dinner at Miller's Smorgasbord on Wednesday, September 17th.

BARRICK, Bob
      BARRICK, Janice
      BATKA, John
      BATKA, Von
      BERGERON,Sandy
      DRUMHELLER, Frank
      DRUMHELLER, Jackie
      ELSTAD, Dean + 2
      HITER, Betty Rae
      HITER, Gerald
      LACKIE, Skip
      MAJOR, Leonard
      MAJOR, Phyllis
      PATTERSON, Dennis
      PATTERSON, Pat

The tickets are numbered and will serve two (2) purposes- entrance into the dining area and for the drawing for several nice door prizes.

As we are anticipating a fair size group, we will be seated in two (2) groups, one group at 5:00 PM and one at 5:15 PM. We be seated in a common area, but they can handle only 50 at a time through the door to the tables. There will be a slight delay for a few folks, but we will be together and the process should work without inconvenience to anyone.

Please direct questions to me via e-mail (click on my blue name above). Send your ticket money, check or money order of $23.50 per person all inclusive, to

Frank Drumheller
      P.O. Box 171
      Louisa, VA 23093-0171

Thanks and BEST WISHES- HAVE A BLASTING 4TH OF JULY. FRANK

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
      53 Starliner Hardtop
      Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Bob, I am planning to send Frank $$$$ for three tickets to the dinner. My plans are to be there however the registration closes for the Concours at 1700 (5:00) that afternoon and if we have a lot of late registrations, i may not be able to make it. My thrid ticket is for a very special guest whose name is well known by many and will remain unannounced at this time. If I am not able to attend due to circumstances surrounding the Concours field, I will send my representatives with my tickets. I appreciate all of the efforts you have put into this event. Now one question you do want a special parking area? I can arrange it if you want it. Just let me know.

Comment

Don,
          It probably would help to have a designated area we could park in. I will let Frank know of your suggestion, and let him decide.

Thanks

53 Starliner Hardtop
          Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Bob, just let me know as I think I live n lancaster right now

Comment

Hey, Don

Frank says yes and we both say please help.

Lancaster
              by Frank Drumheller
              BOB; I have no objection to a designated parking area. I'm sure that will facilitate more time together than having everyone scattered everywhere coming and going. If you're for it and Don can arrange it, let's go for it.

Don; If you read this, please, please make some kind of deal with someone to take care of registrations so you'll be there. Now you've wetted our imaginations about this mystery guest!!!!! SEE YOU AT THE ANNUAL STF DINNER. Frank

Posted on Jul 6, 2008, 8:25 PM
              from IP address 69.244.237.138

53 Starliner Hardtop
              Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Bob, I will be in Lancaster on Thursday at the PA RR Museum negotiating space for a Studebaker Display during meet week. I can surely stop by Miller's at Lunchtime and see the Banquet Director Jennifer and arrange a space fpr about 100 cars or so. Is that enough?

Comment

Bob, I will be in Lancaster on Thursday at the PA RR Museum negotiating space for a Studebaker Display during meet week. I can surely stop by Miller's at Lunchtime and see the Banquet Director Jennifer and arrange a space fpr about 100 cars or so. Is that enough?

Comment

Don,

Yes, thanks.

53 Starliner Hardtop
                    Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Bob as for the special guest that I will be briging with me I think you will pleased and honored that they are there. A lot of help aren't I?

Comment

I wish I could be sure I could make the dinner. Had a great time at the last one[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Bob, it's not "I wish I could be sure I could make the dinner" It is a matter of priority. There will be many jealous members of the public on site when they see all of the trucks lined up, smiling and looking very pretty in Miller's Parking Lot. I know things and circumstances make it tight for you to come on down but I sure wish you could make it for the whole week as it is going to be a great time.

Comment

Took a ride to Lancaster today to attend to many International Meet issues. One of my stops was at Miller's Restaurant and Smorgesboard. Spoke with the Director of Banquet Services, Jennifer and her assistant Cindy. Frank you know who they are.

Now for the good news. The STF Banquet will be featured on their Board Outside the facility and we will have a very prominent parking spot for up to 100 STUDEBAKER TRUCKS AND CARS!!!! reserved just for us

so if you have not bought your tickets get them now so you can be a part of a large informal gathering of great Studebaker guys and gals. Yes, I will be there in my Studebaker Champ along with a very special guest.

See you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                            X