Beautiful 1953 Commander Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful 1953 Commander Custom

Hello all. I thought the current Griot's Garage cover car might be of interest (or maybe even familiar) to some of you. It's a one-of-a-kind '53 Commander Custom. Paxton supercharged, air ride suspension, wire wheels... quite a beauty.

Take a look by following the link in our RSS news feed (and feel free to subscribe to the feed to get more great content updates).

Get tips on washing your car and insight into our traditional, waterless, bucket-free, and low water cleaning products.

Have fun in your garage!
    -mike

That would be Steve Hudson's car who frequents this Forum.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Correct!

Comment

Mike, welcome to the forum, I'm a fan of your detailing stuff, I have a shelf full of the stuff. I started with the clay, went to the polish and waxes, and then there was no turning back.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Cool, just got the Groit's catalog today, the Studebaker is on the cover.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

"Mike, welcome to the forum, I'm a fan of your detailing stuff, I have a shelf full of the stuff. I started with the clay, went to the polish and waxes, and then there was no turning back."
            JDP/Maryland

Mike,
            If you had any idea what a compliment that is, you'd send him a free case of supplies toward the next Stude cover car! That explains why the pictures I've seen of your work, JP, is impeccable. I have some of those products too, but not any of the body work talent.
            Welcome, Mike and please come to Lancaster, PA in September for our SDC International Meet.

Comment

It was an interesting experience, starting with constant heavy rain all the way there and back. On the way back, there was a pretty big pile up just a few hundred yards in front of me. When I arrived at their shop in Tacoma, the car was a mess (totally cancelling the several hours spent detailing the day before). They had 3 other cars in the shop, 2 for photo shoots and Mr. Griot's GT350. I had expected they would place some products around the car, take some shots, and that would be it, but there was a whole lot more to it. At one point, there were 5 or 6 guys dealing with various aspects of the shoot, and it took 2 or 3 hours just to get set up. They have a full time crew of people just working on the catalog, and it's obvious high quality photography is a key part of their marketing philosophy. Again, an interesting experience and of course it was definitely a thrill to see our car on the cover when the catalog arrived in the mail today.
              [img][/img]
              [img][/img]

Steve Hudson
              The Dalles, Oregon
              1949 "GMOBaker" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
              1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
              1953 Champion Starliner (custom/rod project)
              1954 Champion Coupe (daily driver)
              1960 Hawk (future project?)

Steve Hudson
              The Dalles, Oregon
              1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
              1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
              1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

Mike,
                I've used more than a few gallons of your microbial floor cleaner as well. When the jug is empty, it makes a great scoop for the oil-Dri!

Welcome to our little forum.

It would be great if you could join us in Lancaster.

Contact Avantidon on this forum if you would be interested in vending.
                There would be no dearth of testimonials to your products.

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

A car worthy of gracing the cover of any magazine. Well done, fellas! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I have to admit, I sort of stumbled onto the Groit's stuff. Like many products, I'd seen the ad's, but resisted spending the extra money compared to the normal parts store stuff, but then I got some of the products when I bought out a detailing shop and was hooked.
                    I don't know if I'll even pop for a $100 car wash hose nozzle, but I did buy the special wash bucket. Like Eastwood tools, the catalog gets me in trouble buying stuff I never knew I needed.

JDP/Maryland
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by S2DSteve

It was an interesting experience,
                      Nice going, Steve! A great experience, I'm sure. They couldn't have picked a prettier car []!

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Always great to hear from customers who are enjoying and getting great results with our products. We're always on the lookout for testimonials for the Handbook and the website... so if any of you want to share your car with the world, please send in a few photos and a write-up to sales@griotsgarage.com

You can see some other testimonials here: http://tinyurl.com/4ttllc

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks Steve for sharing your amazing car with us. I've forwarded your event invitation to our Events Coordinator.

Have fun in your garage!
                        -mike

Comment

I ought to stop by their Tacoma HQ next time I'm across the street getting my wife's Mini Cooper serviced.

She bought me their clay kit for Christmas and I used it on the Bearcat for its post-hibernation clean up and it worked great.
                          Also, it got lots of winter grunge buildup off the Mini's white roof.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                          63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                          X