64 daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 daytona

Was at a buddy's house today (known him less than a year) when I noticed a stude behind the fence. It's a 64 daytona 2 door. V8 3 speeed with OD. Been sitting for 6 years. I know nothing about larks, but I walked around it. Looked solid but needs freshening. 89000 on the clock. He says it ran great but needed brake work when he parked it. He's going to "restore it one of these days". So I rolled my eyes and he laughed. His driver is a 61 Olds F85 and his baby is a 66 SS396 Chevelle. So the lark will get done right after the....54 merc, 66 Galaxie, 67 Olds, 49 Chevy and a couple more complete cars he has sitting there. He finally said he would sell the lark if somebody wanted it. I only mention it, cause if someone doesn't take the initiative, I'll bet it is still sitting there 10 years from now. If anyone is interested, I'll get more details.
    What's the going rate for these cars?

San antonio TX. 53 Champion Coupe, to be brought back from the dead.
    "Of course it will fit, I have a torch"

If it is a 2Dr. Sedan and a Daytona it is a '65, if it is a real 2 Dr. Hardtop it is a '64 Daytona.

The equipment, accessories, Eng. and Trans. will make a difference, but it's mostly CONDITION, CONDITION, CONDITION!!!!! [?]

quote:Originally posted by oldguy829

What's the going rate for these cars?
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

He said it was a 64. But I don't think it was a hardtop. Now I'll have to look closer. Try to remember the camera.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by oldguy829

He said it was a 64. But I don't think it was a hardtop. Now I'll have to look closer. Try to remember the camera.
        Another clue is to look for a vinyl roof in either black or white. It was standard equipment on 1965 & '66 Daytona 2 door models, and as StudeRich pointed out, they were sedans, not pillarless hardtops.

Craig

Comment

and of course the engine....a 64' will be Stude powered, Chevy after that...

Comment

Now I have to go back and look. Just a glance, but it sure didn't look like a chevy motor.

Comment

Do you have any pics of the car?

Comment

no, but I'll try to remember the carmera next time. Hope to get over there this week. don

Comment

Working...
                X