Stude parts in hiding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude parts in hiding

In another post I told how we got the cross member from an old parts car I left in a field years ago. I thought someone might like these pics.

This truck was the major donor for my brothers 57 Transtar. It's in there somewhere![:0]

Different angle of same truck.

The other parts truck. We were actually wondering if some of the previously passed over sheet metal might be worth saving.

You can tell it's been here a few years. The lower limbs on this cedar had recently been cut back so the owner could get to some of his cars.
    I like to look at this stuff. I hope you do too.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Yes, the pics are cool to look at, but also very scary. How many Studes that some one of us would love to have are invisible? Scary.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Ya know...
      I keep seeing Stude trucks with that wrap forward back bumper...
      Was that a Stude option?
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan
      <snip>

<snip>
      http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

No, that wasn't a factory thing, but there were alot of aftermarket bumpers available - many of which offered the versatility of also have a place for a hitch ball. Why the heck Studebaker DIDN'T offer such a thing is a real mystery.
        I've parted out trucks with rear bumpers such as we see in this photo and also ones that extended all the way to the rear of the back fenders (P1 bed, of course) and actually attached there with one bolt. My Transtar has such, but when I was redoing it I cut and tapered those wraparound ends to something more pleasing to my eyes.[^]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yessir!
          If it weren't for the fact that I have seen so many of them, I would not have flipped up the comment...
          I have seen more of them that the 'correct' bumper....
          (and my shins have 'splained it to me more than once[B)])
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

No, that wasn't a factory thing, but there were alot of aftermarket bumpers available - many of which offered the versatility of also have a place for a hitch ball. Why the heck Studebaker DIDN'T offer such a thing is a real mystery.
          I've parted out trucks with rear bumpers such as we see in this photo and also ones that extended all the way to the rear of the back fenders (P1 bed, of course) and actually attached there with one bolt. My Transtar has such, but when I was redoing it I cut and tapered those wraparound ends to something more pleasing to my eyes.[^]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I was mentioning to my kids tonight how there were probably other old cars like ours that are near heavily traveled highways, but cannot be seen for the trees and brush. That is one of the reasons I like to look for cars in the winter. In this case though, a lot of the trees are red cedars which are evergreens.
            Regarding the bumpers. It seems that I have seen more of the bumpers that wrap around to the rear fenders on Studebaker trucks than any other kind. These bumpers are sturdy and probably worked well, but I never liked the look of them.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
            "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
            X