Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark back in action

Couple recent shots...

Here's Betty in front of a wonderful 1930s garage where her latest electrical glitch was fixed (not the expected fuel-flow problem--a tiny metal tab inside the distributor had fractured, shorting the circuit and cutting spark off). Garage owner works on classics frequently, and campaigns a '51 Pontiac at a few summer cruises. In appreciation for his quick fix of my Lark I got him one of those round metal "Authorized Studebaker Service" signs...

Arrived early for the season-opener Cruzaders cruise last Thursday at Pier 4 Park on Hamilton's lakefront...

Four Lark series cars turned up at Pier 4, gambling the weather would hold (which it did)...left to right, 63 Lark Daytona Wagonaire; 64 Daytona 4dr; 61 Lark VIII 4dr; and (behind the tree) my 62 Lark VI 2dr.

S.

Great pics Steve. I love that garage! [^]

Sheesh, how many Larks are there in your chapter!?! [:0][)]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Hi Matthew--

15 that I can think of off the top of my head; and I'm doubtless forgetting one or two. There are numerous Hawks, Avantis, trucks and pre-Lark Stude cars in the chapter too of course, but you're right, the Hamilton Chapter is somewhat "Lark-centric"!

S.

Comment

Nice that it was a simple fix. One of the guys at work had me buy a rotor for a car they use for errands. Next he had me buy a distributor and now he's looking for the wiring harness! This is a 91 model and the harness is NA from the dealer.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
        "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Nice photo shots. see everything is in full bloom (flowers) looks like the wagonaire has a sliding roof??

Chop Stu
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Good-lookin' Lark Steve.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Steve,
              You've got a beautiful Lark there. Aside from my '59 Lark, I think that there is only one other Lark in my Chapter.
              That was a nice touch giving the mechanic the "Authorized Studebaker Service" sign.
              Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

As Steve says, we have are a little 'Lark Crazy'.. BUT.. we also have lots of great Avanti's, Hawks and trucks..

Go to our web site www.thehamiltonchaptersdc.ca and look under Hamilton Members on the side menu. I am sure you will agree our chapter has a nice selection of everything!!

Thanks,

Barry Leppan
                Burlington, Ont. Canada
                64 Daytona HT 5-spd
                64 GT Hawk R-1/AC/Powershift
                Barry Leppan
                Ontario, Canada
                64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
                GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

Hi again all--

Thanks for the kind words...the pix flatter Betty really, it seems my little digital camera is besotted with the Lark and takes great care to make her look shinier than she really is!

That Wagonaire does indeed have the sliding roof, and boy does that engender conversation! Until non-Stude folks see a sliding-roof Wagonaire, they tend to think GM came up with that idea just a few years ago for one of their big SUVs...and certainly GM did their darnedest to make it appear that way in advertising...

Yesterday, weather probs behanged, it turned into a gorgeous evening for a cruise, and Betty performed faultlessly to and from Ancaster. No pix yet, but the gent with the silver M15 pickup turned up again, now with terrific-looking grey AR wheels and new tires on the truck. I was talking with him at considerable length and he may very well join SDC soon. The truck would certainly be a cool addition to the Hamilton Chapter roster...we have a couple other trucks in the chapter but no M-series that I'm aware of.

Re the mech, he was surprised and delighted about the sign. I was surprised too...had intended to order one from SI, then went to Cambridge ON a day or two later and found one in a "retro" shop. They apparently get one or two in every so often, so eventually I'll get myself one too...although I probably shouldn't be "authorized" quite yet...

Weather looks like being superb for Mapleview this eve, so I should be present there as well. Stay tuned for pix eventually.

S.

Comment

Pix from Tuesday (Ancaster) and yesterday (Mapleview)...

My Lark and the silver '46 M pickup at Ancaster

My Lark again and an Avanti at the start of the Mapleview cruise

'50 pickup and '64 R1 Daytona droptop at Mapleview

The gorgeous 8000-original-miles '62 Lark VIII again

Beautiful R-engined '64 GT Hawk debuts at Mapleview

...As Barry pointed out, there are lots of Lark series cars locally, but as can be seen here there's much else too, all of it cool. The R1 Hawk is Barry's BTW.

S.

Comment

Barry's Hawk is in a word, STUNNING! A beautiful car, if not Studebakers finest.

60 Lark convertible
                      61 Champ
                      62 Daytona convertible
                      63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
                      63 Avanti (2)
                      66 Daytona Sport Sedan
                      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                      64 Zip Van
                      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Working...
                      X