Anybody gotta.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody gotta.....

... inside door stainless strip for a C-body Pass side door (1953-4-5-6 used this)? This is the stainless piece that the upper edge of the door panel fits into. Part# 298308 Be nice if there were some of the #298819 clips for it as well. Here's a photo of the left one. I need the R/H one.

I'm making some very rudimentary door panels for the Raunch Rod. I'm gonna see about driving this thing for awhile. No paint, no primer - just raw on the outside.
    Hard to believe, but someone cranked on the pass door window regulator until it bent the regulator arm WAY out of shape. The glass was broken and wedged cockeyed but someone thought with enough force, they could overcome it, I guess.[xx(]
    Amazingly, both regulators look and work like new now that I've cot all the broken glass and W/stripping out! I straightened out that bent one with a hammer and a vise. I'm gonna have a couple of windows cut tomorrow or Tuesday.
    I managed to get the Rt vent wing frame (no glass in it) to swing again, so now I can get it out of the door and put in one I've had layin' around that has glass in it.
    Both inside door actuators were frozen with rust, so I took them apart - heated and freed the backplates from the shafts and tacked welded them back together. If I can get the doors decent, I'm gonna finish the 12volt conversion (read that: change the WS wiper motor and the light bulbs). Then I'll add some 11" brakes to the front and see what it drives like. The little motor's willingness to start and run is inspiring. I'm hoping to see what sort of economy I can get out of it. I've even got parts to convert it to 3spd O/D if I want.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Bob,
    Do you have a picture of another one? I picked up and placed in a huge pile many old stainless strips today and while I knew for what vehicles many of them were, the fifties stuff I was unsure of for the most part.

Comment

Bob,
      If you could, snap a pic and I'll see what I have here. I have a 54 HT sitting here that might have the part you need.

George
      George

Comment

I made some temporary door panels from 1/8 plywood paneling and used chromed plastic door edge molding on top and rear edge. I thought it looked pretty good but Matthew laughed at me. NT

Neil Thornton
        Hazlehurst, GA
        '57 Silver Hawk
        '56 Sky Hawk
        '51 2R16 dump truck
        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I might have one, not certain.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Callin' off the hunt here! bob40 has one - a BIG thanks to him. And thanks to everyone else who responded.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Does he have the clips you needed as well?

George
              George

Comment

Good question.... Bob??? Any clips to go with that piece? I've got one - each door takes seven and I figure if I had at least 5....

BTW George, good to hear from you. Have you ever brought that big 8E you got from me, back to life?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

Comment

I'll save what I can save.
                  Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Bob,
                    She's sitting up at my Sister's place in Douglas City. I replaced all the rubber brake hoses, and worked on the slack adjusters. That's about as far as I got! I'm debating between moving all the drivetrain and sheetmetal onto a 195" WB frame or leaving it alone and just dropping in a new engine. Decisions, decisions!

George
                    George

Comment

Working...
                    X