Studebaker radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker radio

My car 53 coupe has never had a radio, a while back I picked up a NOS radio for about $50 on Ebay, but like most things on Ebay it didn't work when I bench checked it. I picked up a solid state vibrator for it now it works fine. Looked for an antenna for about 6mo. very expensive if you can find one.

This afternoon I went to NAPA for a antenna. Installed the radio and new antenna(I realy did not want to drill a hole in the fender). The radio works fine no engine noise at all. I was very pleased...The same AM radio station I listened to 50 years ago was still on the air and still playing good tunes..I drove around the block (4 miles) met two cars both gave me a thumbs up..

A good Studebaker day

jim
    sigpic
    Jim

Good on ya' Jim...[8D] I have not been concerned about putting a factory radio in the truck as there seems to be less and less choice of stations to listen to on the AM band any more. [xx(]

That and the fact that in a 57 - 64 C-Cab, the radio simply bolts to the underside of the dash - doesn't really enhance the look of the interior! [V]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
    X