• Show
Clear All

• 2007 Studebaker Supercar?

WHAT is THIS???

Found on craigslist

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
    1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Interesting, it don't look very safe though, take a sharp turn too quick & lookout.
    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ClaymoreWW

WHAT is THIS???

Found on craigslist
      I'm not sure why they called it a Studebaker, but it's actually pretty neat. Stability might be a problem though.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
      '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
      '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
      Museum R-4 engine
      1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
      1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

If that is what a Studebaker would have looked like by now I'm glad they stopped building. I guess you could call that cute, but I hope I don't have to own one.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
        "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I'd say it's most likely a scam. Google searches on "Cray Car" and "Studebaker" produce nothing like that. There is a similar looking ZAP electric car but it is $11k. I don't believe you can buy a new car that gets 70 MPG for $2k...but enough people would LIKE to believe it to get this guy rich on deposits and down payments on the picture [^]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I am with Dick on this one. Notice that there are still plastic covers on the seats of the car. Also, the lower right hand picture shows several others in a warehouse setting. Given that many 2007 model riding lawn mowers cost more than $2,000, I doubt you are getting a car for that.

Now if Tata was able to produce one for that money, sign me up for a dealership.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

One advantage it does have, being its a "trike", you'd be able to use the diamond lanes in california by yourself, as long as it would be able to go 80mph on the freeway or face getting run over by everyone else! Wasn't cray the company that made those cheap Ford model A roadsters back in the late 70's early 80's that were so weak, when you got into it, the body would flex & you couldnt close the door?

60 Lark convertible
              61 Champ
              62 Daytona convertible
              63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2)
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Now if Tata was able to produce one for that money, sign me up for a dealership.

The Tata Nano...

is supposed to be close to that (maybe $2500-3000) if it can be imported before the dollar takes any more significant hits . It is ONLY about 50 MPG, however.

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Warren Webb
                  Wasn't cray the company that made those cheap Ford model A roadsters back in the late 70's early 80's that were so weak, when you got into it, the body would flex & you couldnt close the door?
                  That was Shay...

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Does a Tata meet US safety standards? I wonder how these mileage cars will fare if the highway safety people load them up with door beams, air bags and the like. ABC news had a "car" featured a few nights ago that gets 300 miles per gallon, but the car looked awfully exposed if it was in a collision.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona.Searcy,Arkansas
                    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                    "In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

Does a Tata meet US safety standards?
                      Not sure about safety, but I suspect that pollution standards would be a problem.

Comment

I don't see anything "super" about that thing.

Chris Pile
                        Midway Chapter SDC
                        The Studebaker Special
                        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I wrote him. Here was his response:

SORRY BUT I CAN'T BELEIVE THE CAR SOLD THIS FAST! YOU CAN GET A NEW 1 FOR $3000 WITH A WARRANTY THAT GETS OVER 70 MPG AT www.globalotomotive.ecrater.coM

good luck PAUL.
                          P.S IF YOU NEED MOR INFO ENTER IN SUBJECT LINE "MORE INFO}= TRY TO GET BACK TO YOU A.S.A.P

Looks like the price only went up 50% after that "loss leader".

John

Comment

One good thing about it, if you have a flat a boat trailer tire and wheel will fit.

Comment

I didn't have time to go to the site mentioned in my last post. However, now that I have, I must say it is at least, INTERESTING. The guy won't take cash, check, MO, PayPal or any form of payment other than credit (or debit) card. And he does everything ONLINE only. No stores or dealerships. As for the Studebaker name, here is his explanation:

He says his name is Anthony Studebaker but, since he is not using the Taiwanese name of the manufacturer (too complicated), you can name YOUR car ANYTYHING you wish! He says some buyers have named theirs:

"ROLLS ROYCE/FERRARI/TITANIC/BATMOBILE/I HATE BUSH/HARRY POTTER/SPEED RACER"WHAT EVER MODEL YOU WANT TO NAME YOUR CAR IT'S ON YOU" this should be BIG fun, imagine when a policemen pulls over 1 of my cars-with a weird crazed model name- runs a check on the plates- it comes back HARFUNGLOW ? ANY WAY WHEN YOU ORDER YOUR CAR PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU WANT TO GO WITH THE "a.STUDEBAKER/SUPERCAR" NAME AS YOUR MODEL, I WILL INCLUDE NICE DECALS FOR YOUR CAR. "other than that have fun chosing your model name."

If ANYONE ever need a spell checker, THIS guy does. But I gotta say, he is GUNG HO for this car. Or maybe just making MONEY from this car. Dunno. But he is GUNG HO!

John

Comment

Working...
                              X