Retractable antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retractable antenna

My Daytona has one, but the mast is snapped off. Does anyone rebuild these?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

I am in the same boat. Does yours look like mine?
    [img]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m267/myredyota/Packard%20Hawks/DSC_0002-1.jpg?t=1212732968
    [/img]

Carey
    Packard Hawk

Carey
    Packard Hawk

Comment

I have one in the opposite condition. Mine has a good mast, but the wire is tangled and it won't wind up and down.

sals54
      sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dads Baby

[font=Comic Sans MS]I am in the same boat. Does yours look like mine?
        JUST like yours[xx(]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

<center>Someone help us!
          Please!!![V]</center>

Carey
          Packard Hawk

Carey
          Packard Hawk

Comment

Hello sals54,

You can open up the reel case and rewind the cable on the spool. Be sure to grease it. I had the same problem on the antenna I put in our car, but after rewinding, it works well.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
            Hummelstown, PA
            Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
            Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Hey guys, I notice a rebuilt retactabel antenna kit from http://www.shrockbrothers.com/steering_wheels.html

This might help of you. Look on their site under products.

Comment

I did not try to rewind it cuz the wire is kinked. ( are we allowed to say that? ) Should I just try to straighten it our the best I can and rewind it? Did you have the same trouble?

sals54
                sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dads Baby

<center>Someone help us!
                  Please!!![V]</center>
                  That's exactly what I hear every time I go into a Studebaker graveyard! Surprisingly, those with me say I'm the only one that hears that[B)][)]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

My retractable antenna has the spring broken off the reel. The antenna is also jammed. I would like some direction for replacement parts, too. Are they made from the always scarce "unobtainium"?

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
                    Holdrege NE
                    John
                    1950 Champion
                    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                    Holdrege NE

Comment

I never seen any one rebuild one, and I can't find the "kit" posted, just a few grommets.

JDP/Maryland
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

I've seen folks sell broken, won't wind up, with the solder bad on the antennas just like that for $75 to $100 or more. I finally got lucky and found a new one in the box.
                        I have read that some of you call the inside reel a "cable". The used one I had was a hollow, kinked nylon reel. Are there multiple reel types? I thought of trying a solid weed whip cord and fastening it to the old one strongly somehow, but I found the new one and never tried it. Seems like a strong need out there for an expert reel antenna repair.

Comment

The sound of my rebuilt 289 is all the music I need to her while driving. Rather than go to the trouble of messing with an antique AM radio and spending a couple hundred on a genuine antenna, I ordered a nos radio block-off plate from SASCO for my car. That fixes that.

Comment

Working...
                          X