side chrome question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• side chrome question

I just got my side chrome today in the mail and I think it might be wrong. its marked in pen on the back 56 golden hawk but the rear chrome molding I think would be way to long if you had to put that chrome chevron on as well.I think the front an door chrome will work but on a flight hawk doesn't the quarter panel chrome end at the rear opera window? or did it run the length of the car from the door jam to the tail lite?
    john[?]

You are right, the Flight & Power Hawks have a short maybe 7 in. pointed moulding after the door under the quarter window.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I wonder what its off of the stuff he has marked rear quarter is just over 6ft.

Comment

If it reaches from tail light to door it's probably '57 Silver Hawk, or if from tail light to just under rear backlight window forward wraparound edge it's a '56 Golden Hawk.

quote:Originally posted by bruin

I wonder what its off of the stuff he has marked rear quarter is just over 6ft.
        StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I think the door an front fender chrome will work but I'LL have to find the short pieces for the rear. I bought the chrome from Billy Miles not sure if he is a member here or not. the fun never ends lol

Comment

looking at the chrome again I did come up with a brain storm I do get those once in while. I could just cut the rear ones to fit. I think trying to find the short ends would be almost imposible to find

Comment

Bare with me please. That is not chrome you are talking about. It is stainless steel molding. Or stainless steel trim whichever you want to call it. Just don't call it chrome.
              Most (maybe all) stainless steel has chrome in it but the Studebaker stainless has a very, very, very small amount. And that is why a magnet will attract to Studebaker stainless steel moldings and not to most other auto's SS.
              Jerry
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I caught that too.. bruin, I wouldn't cut something that hard to find for someone else. Try a want ad. Post a pic of what you have, too.

Comment

I dunt no how whuts currect, baer, bear, or bare and am too lazy ta look hit up.[)][]

[/quote]I most certainly will not! [}]
                  DAVE[/quote]

Now back to your regularlly programed show.
                  Jerry Forrester
                  Forrester's Chrome
                  Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
                  X