Save a 55 President - North East Guys Please Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save a 55 President - North East Guys Please Read

In responce to an ad I had looking for 55 sedan parts, I got a guy who called me who is in a pickle of a situation.

The car in question is a 1st series 1955 President state sedan, light blue with dark blue roof. 259 4bbl, fog lights, complete car. Unrestored, but totally complete. In family and Masachusetts since brand new. The car is in North Attleboro Massachusetts on a storage lot. The fellow who owns it moved to TN from Mass. years ago and stored the 55 in Massachusetts after his Father died. The Storage lot is closing (?) and gave the guy till THIS FRIDAY to move the car or the storage lot will send the car to the crusher and send the guy a check for the scrap.

Anyways, after talking to Mahlon on the telephone for awhile, I would strongly suspect he would just like to see the car saved, and probally would part with it for scrap or less then scrap value at $190/ton

I thought I'd pass this on in case anybody is intrested in saving a Stude from the crusher. If you have questions feel free to contact the fellow directly at 423-743-5768.

Is anyone nearby? Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Poulos, wanna take a stab at it?

Chris Pile
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The Studebaker Special
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I passed it on to Dave T-Bow, he's a hour away.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Already called. Talked to a very nice guy who said it's rough but complete, has rust. Stored inside 20 years,outside last 3. He hasn't seen it since 2004. Asking $1000. Asked me for this web address so probably be checking in here pretty soon.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Sadly, by asking a grand, he'll get the $250 from the crusher in my opinion. 3 days notice to save a rusty 4 door does not make it a good time to try and set a retail price. Even T-Bow won't go for that deal, and he's next door.

JDP/Maryland
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
            X