Motor Life Dec. 58 excerpts- the Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Life Dec. 58 excerpts- the Lark

I love old car mags; bought this one because of the Studebaker reference. It not only has some great thoughts on autos in general (see the thread on the Stove Hugger's forum), it has a multi-page feature on my favorite Studebaker line- the Lark. The time is just before the release of the all-new Lark; a very significant time in Studebaker's history. It's a snapshot in time, and interesting to read what was written, and how much of it lines up with what the reality turne out to be.

One note: Linda saw me fumbling along with my two-fingered typing and took pity on me; she typed the excerpts I highlighted into a word document I could copy and paste, saving me a ton of time, and netting you a lot more than I was going to copy[xx(] So here goes:

[i]

I share your fondness for old car magazines. I really enjoy the many write ups the Lark got and most of them were very positive. I carry them in my trunk to share at meets now. Thanks for sharing this. Makes me proud to still own a 1960 Lark built in the very end of the fifties. These articles are little time capsules, I agree.

It seems after reading the latest few Turning Wheels that the 59-60 cars were still being built in the positive thinking years from management down to the factory line. Sad now to realize some of the folks upstairs didn't have the same mindset as the folks cranking these cars out for their family's future in the final years.

Comment

Thanks for the interesting article. Nice way to start my day .

Comment

Working...
      X