Thank you Vets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you Vets

My 19 yo boy just left to go back to Camp Pendleton. He is a Lance Corporal with the 3-1. He is a 336, Machine gunner and will be deployed right after the Fourth of July. He is going to the Phillipines, then most likely Afganistan.
    I recently talked to my uncle James Hagerty who was a Bombadier on a B-17G out of Horham, England with the 412th of the 95th.
    He doesn't remember the Studebaker engines on his aircraft, but does remember Studebakers pretty well.

I want to thank all of our veterans. I can only imagine the sacrifice you have made. Thanks for what you have done, and what some continue to do....

Kelly J. Marion

I agree. You must be very proud of your son- a true hero at 19. God Bless the Lance Corporal, and his fellow patriots. I salute him, and all our soldiers.

I wrote a Memorial Day tribute, posted on the SH forum. Please check it out- here's the link:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

"All the Best" to your son, Kelly.

Be sure to check out Bob Andrews' salute to veterans/memories in our Stove Huggers forum. Many good sentiments for servicemen have been expressed therein.

Edit: Oops! I see Bob beat me to it with the recommendation. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

THANKS,FROM MY HEART, TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!

Steve

Comment

Howdy Kelly,
          I thank your son for his service. My son, who turned twenty in Iraq, got home several weeks ago. Our men and women in uniform are the best and I'm right proud of all of them.
          When your son gets over there and has an address, please send it to me. A group of us in the county send out care packages and letters and would like to add him to our list.
          When he leaves, don't be surprised if your whole outlook on life is forever changed. You may find it hard to leave home. The only reason I learned e mail was to communicate with Bobby during his deployment.
          Hang in there and be proud. Your son is obviously a great guy. Please thank him for serving.

Sincerely

Stephen Cade

Stephen Cade

Comment

Glad your son came back safely, Stephen. I know how heavily that weighed on your mind. I know how seriously you take your care packages for the other veterans. I salute your efforts and I am sure it makes a huge difference over there for them.

Kelly, my heart goes out to you and your son. Congratulations and my family's prayers are with you both. May his tour end safely.

Comment

We'll certainly pray for him and all of his comrades. If you ever want to talk, call me at 352-213-3643.

Stephen Cade

Comment

We are all deeply grateful to every veteran. Take time to say thanks when you see one.

Comment

[quote] Originally posted by stephen cade
                  "We'll certainly pray for him and all of his comrades."

BTW, Stephen, we just received the highest national honor from the D.A.V. in Washington, DC for that story I sent you on dvd regarding that phony veteran funds expose'. It's given once a year to only one media reporter/photographer team for outstanding work for veteran related stories. It's only one small dent nationally in what scam artists are stealing from veterans, but we hope it eventually helps some of those deserving disabled veterans.

Comment

I know that I am very late, but my password did not work for some time. I pray for your son and I too am very proud of him.

Comment

Kelly, thanks for the post and tell your son I am proud of him and his service. Having served in SE Asia I know what you are going through and our prayers are with you and your family. Bless all of those who serve.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                      X