Dennis gage my classic car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis gage my classic car

next weeks show will contain the silver 53' stude in anchorage alaska.

Chop Stu
    61 Lark

sigpic

Thanks for the heads up. That car has been make me wonder about it since it first showed up on the show's opening credits.

Tim-53 Custom Starlight aka The Studebird in Yuma, AZ
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Wow, a 53 foot Stude! [] Sorry, couldn't resist.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

next weeks show will contain the silver 53' stude in anchorage alaska.

Chop Stu
        <rant mode on> It is just my opinion, that anything put on with Dennis Gage in it, spends entirely too much time focusing on him and his moustache and fiddling around with stuff on a workbench, than actually spending time with the cars themselves, which is why I tuned in to look in the first place.

I suspect all the viewer will be priviledged to see, is a couple abbreviated shots of the front, side and rear of the Stude, and the rest of the time on Gage talking about something else.<rant mode off>

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Karl '62 GT Hawk 4 sp

Comment

Be kind, Dennis is a Studebaker owner!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:I suspect all the viewer will be priviledged to see, is a couple abbreviated shots of the front, side and rear of the Stude, and the rest of the time on Gage talking about something else.<rant mode off>

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Karl '62 GT Hawk 4 sp
            U Be Right on with that statement ....

I use the off switch when he airs ..
            John
            Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

Look at Dennis and look at a Pringles can. There is a connection.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

He's a funny hat model besides a Stude owner...Now that's wierdSorry couldn't resist either

Comment

I had a chance to visit with him for awhile at SEMA last year. Very friendly. He gave me a picture signed Love Those Studes.
                  Denny L

Comment

Here is a Dennis story for you. A few years ago the Pontiac Nationals were in Minneapolis. I had a buddy come up from Omaha with his car and I took a few days off to help him detail it for the show. We had a blast. The day of the show I put on my Studebaker tee shirt. When my friend saw me, he said "Are you crazy? You will never get out alive." During the show Dennis showed up and was doing some taping and interviews with a few owners on some very special cars. After one of his tapings (there was a crowd of about 150 and we were standing about 30 feet back from the car and camera) Dennis came into the crowd and came up to me. He stated that he saw my shirt and inquired on my Studebakers and asked if I was going to the Nationals that summer. If I remember correctly he stated that he had a GT Hawk. After we were done talking he went back to his camera crew and they took off. If you could of only seen the look on my friend's face. We still laugh about it. Truly a Studebaker Classic.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
                    58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
                    58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
                    62 Daytona (White)
                    63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

Did anyone else think the last 3 stories were eerily similar?

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________Rabid Snail Racing
                      Jim
                      Often in error, never in doubt
                      http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, I liked the one about the T-shirt, and the one about the mustache guy was funny, but my favorite was the one about the friend being all shocked about the pringles guy owning a GT.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jlmccuan

Did anyone else think the last 3 stories were eerily similar?

Jim

_________1966 Avanti II RQA 0088______________Rabid Snail Racing

Definitely!......almost as eerie as when our illustrious president Bush speaks and all three major news networks carry it, and then when he's finished, they all switch to a "Head-On" commercial, saying to apply it directly where it hurts,....how appropriate, heh, heh, heh.

Honestly, Speed channel has gone to the dogs, IMHO. If it wasn't for their American Muscle Car programs, I doubt I'd ever watch it.

So Dennis owns a Studebaker himself, ehhh?....well, I guess that makes it all ok then. Still, a program about cars, SHOULD, be about cars and not about Dennis Gage, and watching Barry Mcguire smile gleefully rubbing his hands together, hunched over his products, saying "buy my stuff".

I apologize for derailing this thread....I'm going absolutely stir crazy with all this nasty weather, not being able to get out and go cruisin in MY Studebaker.

I'll keep quiet now, and return you back to your normal programming.

Karl

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

Karl,

I agree with you. I can't watch Barry Maguire's show. It's nothing but "...blah, blah, blah, man I'm Car Crazy. Here's so and so, blah, blah, blah... He's Car Crazy too..."

Comment

Yes Dennis Gage owns a 63 Gt hawk

Frank van Doorn
                              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                              1963 Daytona Conv
                              1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                              Frank van Doorn
                              Omaha, Ne.
                              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                              X