Vanity plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanity plates

My new tag for the Orange truck finally came in. I'm curious as to how many times I'll have to explain it every time I go somewhere. [xx(]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

View it as an opportunity to educate the masses!

Up here you cannot get a vanity plate for a Collector vehicle, only a Collector plate with an arbitrary assigned number.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Nice plate Matt! [^] Just ask Dick Steinkamp how many time he had to explain that S2D thing!

Pretty neat that you get to have your name at the bottom! You are Jeff Davis, right?

Odd name for a county, he must have been famous!

Oh! I see you live in Georgia.gov, must be a new COUNTRY, I didn't know they seceded from the Union! [}]

Makes you wonder what these Gov. computer minded people are thinking, is COMMON sense now obsolete?

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, Jefferson Davis was the President of the Confederate States of America. The county was named after him looong ago. [^]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Neat plate Matt. I like it.
          Denny L

Comment

Neat plate! The colors go well with the truck too. I wish Arkansas didn't have the yearly extra charge for special plates. When I lived in Virginia I had a special plate on Old Spot.
            BTW Cousin Jeff was right. Constitutionally the states did have the right to secede.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
            "In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

Matthew,
              I like your plate. You'll probably have to explain it every time you park. Great way to teach folks about the Brand.

Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO
              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

Thanks guys.

I've gotten used to having to explain what a Studebaker is. It amazed me at how many kids would walk up to me at school and ask if the truck was an old Chevy. Maybe they couldn't read those big white letters on the tailgate? [V]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Unfortunately you may be correct about the kids not being able to read.

Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO
                  President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                  Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

I'd hope not! I'm talking about high schoolers. Well, on second thought, you may be right.... [)]

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

My new tag for the Orange truck finally came in.
                      I like it [].

Like Rich says, however, few will get the S2D part.

I must have had 100 people ask me what Esss Two Dee meant. It sort of came to be a standing joke and my friends all called the car Ess Two Dee [)]

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I built an addition for these people and I couldn't figure out their vanity tag. They finally told me it is YES TO TENNIS, DUH!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

View it as an opportunity to educate the masses!

Up here you cannot get a vanity plate for a Collector vehicle, only a Collector plate with an arbitrary assigned number.
                          Mark, that is the standard Georgia plate, not collector plate. What if the 40+ year old car is your daily driver? Does BC insist you get a collector plate instead of a standard plate? Just curious.

Hey Rich, MS also has a Jeff Davis county as well. I have a '64 plate from this county. While I don't know this as fact, I'd bet most CSA states have a county named after the President.

Just a note about the .gov on new plates. Many dislike the the removal of a given states identity (like The Peach State). A guy in Indiana was selling 'BACK HOME AGAIN' decals to cover the 'www.IN.gov' on the plate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Actually, the one I have is the "Prestige Plate".

Here's the antique plate, like I had before.

The one my granddad has on many of his vehicles.

My absolute favorite.

More here.

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Not as original as S2D, but I had these plates on my '76 Avanti.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
                              '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
                              '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
                              Museum R-4 engine
                              1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
                              1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
                              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
                              X