Rear Glass 58 Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Glass 58 Golden Hawk

I am in desperate need of a rear window and seal for a 58 Golden Hawk.
    I also need a front windshield seal.

If you want a used rear glass, in case you don't know, all 1953 through 1961 C/K models used the same rear glass as your Golden Hawk. The front windshield seal fits the same models and is available from many vendors. I assume that you are an SDC member. If not, join from this site for $19.95 for your first year and you will save more than that in access to vendors and parts.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hi welcome to the SDC Forum! [^]

You can join SDC at a special 1st. time price right at the top of this column!

All of us members enjoy the finest car club monthly magazine out there...Turning Wheels!
      In this you learn all the things you need to know owning a Studebaker, including the parts sources.

There is a link on this SDC main page to the studebakervendors.com website where we are all listed, or just go directly there!
      We all stock the front and rear window gaskets and there are used rear glass from '53 to '61 C&K and Hawk models available.

You will need to know however, if your car has EZ-Eye or Solex Tinted (Green) Glass or Std. Clear glass in the other windows or not.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have 2 or 3 rear windows (used, of course) here in central California, BUT I'm reluctant to deal with shipping unless I'll be compensated for my time as well as the glass. Shipping glass requires real care in packing and that means TIME for me.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

In addition to new windshields, there are also new rear windows being manufactured.

KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kurtruk

In addition to new windshields, there are also new rear windows being manufactured.

KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)
            Can you tell me where to find new rear glass, as I would rather have new than used.

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

In addition to Frank's suggestion, I have found that major auto glass shops already know of all the sources for vintage glass and can get them as easy or easier than we can...same with the seals. If you are going to have them professionally installed, it is easier to deal directly with the glass shop for both the parts and the labor.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Check with Phillips Auto Glass (573) 785-1927 or e-mail autoglass@acmenet.net His name is Vic Phillips and he deals in Studebaker auto glass. He is located in Poplar Bluff MO.

Frank van Doorn
                1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                1963 Daytona Conv
                1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by citationup

I am in desperate need of a rear window and seal for a 58 Golden Hawk.
                  I also need a front windshield seal.
                  Welcome!!!

Believe I can help out with Front Windshield Seal (1942X1) and Rear Glass Seal (2035X1). These reproduction seals are the ones cut to proper length, then the ends are vulcanized together to save time, trouble and sometimes a real mess (vs. the straight length type repro seals that often require trimming & fitting and then re-trimming and re-fitting to get the proper fit in the body openings. I bought these seals from Bill Fennessey last year for around $160. as I recall. I will not be using them so you can have them for $100. + actual shipping cost. If you want them, send me an email through this SDC Forum by this time tomorrow.

<h4>Last Man Standing in Studebaker Indiana</h4>

Comment

Working...
                  X