This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this called a Studebaker?

I have seen several of these S-10 conversions made by Ameriacn Rods, but I wonder why they are called 39 Studebakers. It is a custom conversion for a Chevy S-10 pickup. Below is a picture of one that is on eBay now and a picture of the front of a 39 Studebaker. The 39 Studebaker Coupe Express looked similar this picture of a 39 Commander with the woman by it. The eBay description says it is titled as a 39 Studebaker. How can this be? I bet there is not one 39 Studebaker part on it!

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

because it is a kit so you can call it whatever you like think about how many 32 fords there are alot more than henry ever made thank you fiberglass [steel is real]

keith kirchhoff
    brockport ny 14420

Comment

because it is a kit so you can call it whatever you like think about how many 32 fords there are alot more than henry ever made thank you fiberglass [steel is real]

keith kirchhoff
      brockport ny 14420

Comment

The 32 Ford kits seem to look more like real 32 Fords than this one resembles a 39 Studebaker.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

The 32 Ford kits seem to look more like real 32 Fords than this one resembles a 39 Studebaker.

Comment

Strictly a marketing ploy to sell this kit car.

Having it show up on a street rod vendor list as a '40 Ford would be boring. It never was intended to market to the Stude crowd.
            The Studebaker name has a mistique to it that can be exploited.
            Worst part about this clonemobile is that it is sucking up trim and script pieces. I have only seen one show it's face at a Stude meet. From the reception it was given, it probably will never go to another one.
            Jeff[8D
            ]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
            Brooklet, Georgia
            '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
            '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
            '61 Hawk (project)
            http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Strictly a marketing ploy to sell this kit car.

Having it show up on a street rod vendor list as a '40 Ford would be boring. It never was intended to market to the Stude crowd.
              The Studebaker name has a mistique to it that can be exploited.
              Worst part about this clonemobile is that it is sucking up trim and script pieces. I have only seen one show it's face at a Stude meet. From the reception it was given, it probably will never go to another one.
              Jeff[8D
              ]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
              Brooklet, Georgia
              '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
              '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
              '61 Hawk (project)
              http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

One showed up at the NSRA meet in Richmond last summer. It was even given a chilly reception there against all the real street rods that people had put their heart and soul into.

Comment

One showed up at the NSRA meet in Richmond last summer. It was even given a chilly reception there against all the real street rods that people had put their heart and soul into.

Comment

I agree that truck is not a Studebaker and doesn't even resemble one! I disagree with giving someone the cold shoulder for having one! My Mom used to say you catch more flies with honey tan with vinegar. As a club or group maybe we need to lighten up a little and look more at the people in a positive way. I do think there is room in this hobby for everyone! Sorry to get on the soap-box but I do think that sometimes we are to quick to critisize. ( myself included ) Thanks

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

I agree that truck is not a Studebaker and doesn't even resemble one! I disagree with giving someone the cold shoulder for having one! My Mom used to say you catch more flies with honey tan with vinegar. As a club or group maybe we need to lighten up a little and look more at the people in a positive way. I do think there is room in this hobby for everyone! Sorry to get on the soap-box but I do think that sometimes we are to quick to critisize. ( myself included ) Thanks

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by keeffer

keith kirchhoff
                        brockport ny 14420
                        Except that there are steel bodied '32 Fords being made, some with hideaway tonneau covers for the convertible top. You can build a '32 Ford roadster without buying anything that Henry Ford produced as well. I'll agree that the truck shown looks more like a Ford than a Studebaker, but I also agree it's more about the people at a show. As for a hot rod style vehicle, I think it comes down to the quality of the build. If the truck was done well, bonus points to the owner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                        Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                        LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by keeffer

keith kirchhoff
                          brockport ny 14420
                          Except that there are steel bodied '32 Fords being made, some with hideaway tonneau covers for the convertible top. You can build a '32 Ford roadster without buying anything that Henry Ford produced as well. I'll agree that the truck shown looks more like a Ford than a Studebaker, but I also agree it's more about the people at a show. As for a hot rod style vehicle, I think it comes down to the quality of the build. If the truck was done well, bonus points to the owner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                          Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                          LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                          Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

"I'll agree that the truck shown looks more like a Ford than a Studebaker, but I also agree it's more about the people at a show. As for a hot rod style vehicle, I think it comes down to the quality of the build. If the truck was done well, bonus points to the owner." .. Swifster

Now that says volumes!

While this codger does not care for all builds that I see, I do thoroughly enjoy viewing all builds. Not unlike making the decision as to which side of the toast one shall apply their spread of choice.

'49 Champion Starlight Coupe
                            1936 Miller Replica / Stude driveline

Comment

"I'll agree that the truck shown looks more like a Ford than a Studebaker, but I also agree it's more about the people at a show. As for a hot rod style vehicle, I think it comes down to the quality of the build. If the truck was done well, bonus points to the owner." .. Swifster

Now that says volumes!

While this codger does not care for all builds that I see, I do thoroughly enjoy viewing all builds. Not unlike making the decision as to which side of the toast one shall apply their spread of choice.

'49 Champion Starlight Coupe
                              1936 Miller Replica / Stude driveline

Comment

Working...
                              X