Trim for painted wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim for painted wheels

I have a set of freshly painted Ford wheels that I am going to put on the Daytona. I am thinking of using chrome lug nuts with a chrome center cap, but I have not found the type of cap I am looking for. Does anyone know of a source for center caps that will fit these wheels? The center hole ID is 2 3/4" . I am looking for the small chrome bullets not stock hubcaps.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Mooneyes.

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I have a set of freshly painted Ford wheels that I am going to put on the Daytona. I am thinking of using chrome lug nuts with a chrome center cap, but I have not found the type of cap I am looking for. Does anyone know of a source for center caps that will fit these wheels? The center hole ID is 2 3/4" . I am looking for the small chrome bullets not stock hubcaps.

52, I like the small caps with beauty rings. Think they are real sharp.

John Ratliff

Comment

Like this?...

Spider hub caps, lug covers photos. See Spyder Caps on vintage cars and trucks!

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick,
          That is the look I'm after. I don't know if it will look as good with a narrower white wall, but we'll see. The wheels I have don't even have a provision for a hub cap so baby moons and the like are out.

Wow, I just checked the site. $50.00 each! I may have to put those on hold until I find some on ebay or a swap meet. If I could afford those prices I would have my wide whites.

"In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
          X