BATTERY PART NUMBER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BATTERY PART NUMBER

I am looking for the Deka battery part number to cross over from Studebaker part #SP51181
    Thanks
    Paul Lausch

I am not near my literature but if it is a 12v it will be a group 24 or 6v a group 1.
    Denny L

Comment

Any luck with the battery part number?
      Thanks
      PAUL LAUSCH

Comment

Denny L. knows more about batteries than I do, but I would like to add something. For the 12 volt Group 24, be sure that it is a 24 or 24C and not a 24F.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well if your Deca part number is a Delco, those are GM, Studebaker would never use those! They used Willard Batteries and Studebaker Batteries made for them by one of the major manufacturers, maybe Willard. There is no cross reference from a Studebaker Battery to anything, it's just a Group 24, 12 volt Battery.

For a 12V, Most people just buy something like a Autolite Group 24 available at Checker/Schucks/Kragen Auto parts Stores. The Neg. post has to be forward when the posts are toward the engine, it has a plain black case, and a smooth top for the hold-down to fit. Avoid the "generic" Batteries like Champion Brand that have both side and top posts and centered posts so it can fit a Chrysler/Stude. or a Ford (24F) with posts reversed.

I peel all the stickers and stick them on waxed paper and save them for the Warranty, then install the Studebaker Battery Decal.

quote:Originally posted by 00RACER

Any luck with the battery part number?
          ThanksPAUL LAUSCH
          StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
          X