61 hawk front hub question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 hawk front hub question

Does anyone know the front hub diameter measurement on a hawk, that is distance around. I know there must be a standard size.I keep getting different measurememnts.

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

I had someone measure it for me, it's a 3 inch hole anything smaller than that will not fit. I am changing my wheels and the company asked if the hub was small or large. Studes have small hubs.

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Comment

Studelover:

I just happpen to have the front drums off of our 61 Hawk, so I went out to the garage and measured the hub diameter. The bulk of the hub protrusion is 2.3"dia. or about 2 and 1/3 inches. There is a small radius down where the hub flows into the main part of the drum, and I eyeballed across the flat of the drum face that has the wheel lugs attached to try to get the diameter there. Using my calipers at that point, the measurement is 2.5"dia.(approx.) or 2 and 1/2 inches. That radius area may or may not have any effect on wheel installation as it's maybe a 1/8 inch radius. Hope this helps.

Dean Croft
      Roseburg,OR

CLEM
      DESEE
      Dean

CLEM

Comment

thank you, Your measurement was much more presice than mine. I just measured the wheel hole opening. I guess the company just wanted to know if the hub was the very large (mopar pattern) or (small Mopar pattern)since our cars have the same bolt pattern the hub was the only issue. I hope you have good luck with your hawk[8D]

Studebakers forever!
        Studebakers forever!

Comment

Working...
        X