PDA

View Full Version : 1960 Studebaker Lark VI Value Or Interest?

mtnmanbf
05-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi Stude Gang!
I was at a Bakersfield, CA Car Show & Swapmeet this past weekend & guy pulled in with a lil 1960 red 2 dr Studebaker Lark for sale on trailer I bought it before he shut his engine off! Question? Are they collectable or have any value? Anyone looking for one? Orig owner parked it 30 yrs ago outside it has 55K orig miles 6 Cyl 3 Speed on tree, orig paint one dent on pass frt fender & missing moulding on that fender! Car complete even down to jack & spare! Surface Rust & Floors a lil rusty but no major rott! Interior all there but needs replaced Blk & white in color! Just wanting to know if worth anything or leave as cool yard art! I'm gonna try & Start it up this weekend! Tks Bill

whacker
05-07-2008, 06:47 PM
From your description, it sounds like a very fun car! Probably about in the middle to low end of the value scale, since it is a two door and resale red, and it sounds to be in pretty good shape. Down side is that it is a six, although that may be an advantage now with fuel prices going up. Might be able to put a set of cheap seat covers on it, or get an interior from a junk car pretty cheap. Use some polish on the paint and see if you can get it to come back. If it starts and runs, I'd do a brake job on it, buy some liability insurance, and drive the heck out of it. The 59 and 60 larks are my favorite of the Lark family.

bams50
05-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Any pictures??

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

mtnmanbf
05-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi!
I Have Pics But I'm Brain Dead On how To List Them Anyone Want Pics Emailme Your Email & I'll send you pics! Tks Bill mtnmanbf@aol.com

wolfie
05-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi, Here is link with the pics for the 60 lark. http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll160/wolfie_53/Lark%20photos/

barnlark
05-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the pics, Steve.

barnlark
05-07-2008, 10:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by mtnmanbf

Hi Stude Gang!
I was at a Bakersfield, CA Car Show & Swapmeet this past weekend & guy pulled in with a lil 1960 red 2 dr Studebaker Lark for sale on trailer I bought it before he shut his engine off! Question? Are they collectable or have any value? Anyone looking for one? Orig owner parked it 30 yrs ago outside it has 55K orig miles 6 Cyl 3 Speed on tree, orig paint one dent on pass frt fender & missing moulding on that fender! Car complete even down to jack & spare! Surface Rust & Floors a lil rusty but no major rott! Interior all there but needs replaced Blk & white in color! Just wanting to know if worth anything or leave as cool yard art! I'm gonna try & Start it up this weekend! Tks Bill

Bill,
Not sure how wasted your door panels are. I have a used front 2 door set of black and white panels. They are kind of dirty, but still useable. No rips, but I used the stainless. Mine is a regal set. The rears are convertible quarters, so just have the fronts.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0087-1.jpg

wolfie
05-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Trying to make them larger but everything I try makes them distort.Any suggestions?Steve

barnlark
05-07-2008, 11:55 PM
They will have to be a better quality image size to begin with or you are probably out of luck. I'll get my magnifying glass out and check it out! Looks like the Bakersfield sun got the better of it, but appears pretty solid. Great starter car for a young whipper snapper near there. Too sad for a cross country trip expense..

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0087-1.jpg

barnlark
05-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Actually, I may have to back peddle on that...mine looked like this from the desert until last year and I still brought it back.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN0207.jpg