Unusual R series bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual R series bed

While I have Photobucket open, I thought I would post a few pictures of a Stude truck I saw while coming home from Mountain Home last Saturday. The truck is sitting near the highway in front of what appears to have been an antique shop at one time. Did Studebaker offer this bed, was it an after-market, or did someone just stick it on the Stude frame? I didn't spent a lot of time looking as I didn't ask permission to be over there.

Where the light stains are on the sides of the bed are metal loops that look like they where intended for some kind of straps.

The bed was actually in very good shape. Unfortunately, the truck itself was not doing too well.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Looks like a huckster utility body. Probably used for fruit/veggie sales. You used to see these a lot - not no more!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Anyone have any photos of Studes with this type of bed?

Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

52-fan, any chance of getting more infro, ie is it for sale, owner, how much etc.
        I like the bed, and may have to dig up a pipe tobacco can from the back yard.

Ebon...

Comment

I don't even know exactly where I was when I saw it, but I do know the route. I hope to go back up that way in a month or two at a more leisurely pace and investigate more. That is if gas doesn't get so expensive that I can't justify the expense.

Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
          X